The BMW MOA Rally Site Search Team has the responsibility of identifying and reviewing potential future BMW MOA Rally sites. Team members include Gray Buckley - CO, Karol Patzer - MN, Ian Schmeisser - GA, Dave Swisher - VA, Chuck Manley - IL, and Jackie Hughes - WA.
Who besides the Team can suggest a possible site? Anyone! The 2007 Rally site was suggested by an Ambassador. A fellow club member suggested the Bloomsburg, PA site. Sometimes BMW MOA is contacted directly by the area Convention and Visitors Bureau or Chamber of Commerce.
Once a site is identified the review process begins...does it meet our basic requirements?
- Site size 100 acres or larger.
- Adequate grass camping area of about 50 acres.
- Indoor air conditioned vendor area consisting of 50,000 square feet or more.
- Wireless Internet service for vendors and Cyber Cafe.
- Adequate toilets and showers.
- 2,500 motel/hotel rooms within a 30 mile radius of the rally grounds.
- Exclusive BMW MOA Beer Garden.
- RV Parking - 100 spaces minimum.
- Paved area of at least 200 feet by 300 feet (on or off rally grounds) to teach
- Rider Performance University Rider Courses.
- Grandstand or Arena seating for at least 3500 for the Closing Ceremonies.
- Off Road area (on or off rally grounds) for GS training.
- Six or more air conditioned areas of various size for holding seminars.
- Unpaved area on or off site for GS Giant event and off pavement rider training.
it's determined a site meets our basic requirements a site visit is
scheduled with two or more members of the Team. Then the site is
reviewed by the entire Team. If the site is approved, a recommendation
is sent to the BMW MOA Events Committee for Board approval.
Beginning in 2013, we started a new four Zone rotation schedule of the United States will be implemented as follows:
2013 Zone 1
For further information on the Rally Site Selection process or if you have a site suggestion please contact Jackie Hughes, 509-928-3261.
2014 Zone 3
2015 Zone 2
2016 Zone 4