Dianese announces schedule for North American Custom Works Tour
Tuesday, September 06, 2016
Posted by: Wes Fleming
Dainese USA announced today that its fifth annual North American Custom Works Tour will embark from New York City—the bespoke capital of the fashion world—at the end of September and conclude a little over a month later in New Hampshire. Along the way, the tour will visit a total of 17 locations across the U.S. and Canada, providing customers opportunities to be measured for custom-made Dainese leather motorcycle apparel.
In 1972, Dainese began making high-quality custom leather motorcycle garments for legendary racers like Giacomo Agostini in Molvena, a small Italian village in a region renowned for its leatherworking tradition. The program was eventually extended to European retail customers, and the North American Custom Works program started in 2012. All three North American Dainese D-Stores now employ Italian-trained tailors who can take the 26 measurements needed to create a Custom Works garment; one-off fitting events are occasionally organized at other shops, but the Custom Works Tour is a chance for customers to be professionally fitted at locations that don’t typically offer that service. This marks Dainese’s most extensive Custom Works tour to date, with six more stops than last year’s successful initiative.
Four different levels of customization are available, from aesthetically altered off-the-rack apparel to completely custom garments with unlimited add-on logos, names, numbers and/or color ways, etc. Following a fitting, a design is created and the garment is hand-built in Molvena by the same tailors who work on the suits of sponsored Dainese racers like Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden. In addition to racing suits, the Custom Works program offers custom leather jackets and leather pants.
"We’re really excited to see Dainese’s North American Custom Works Tour gaining such momentum," said Allan Jones, North American Custom Works Coordinator for Dainese. "Honestly, no other company comes close to offering such an extensive program for motorcycle apparel that is one-of-a-kind in terms of both fit and appearance, and now is the perfect time for customers to be personally fitted in order to have their garments ready for the 2017 riding season."
Dainese’s 2016 North American Custom Works Tour includes the following stops:
- Sep. 30-Oct. 2: New York, NY; Mototainment
- Oct. 3 : Montreal, Canada; Ducati Montreal
- Oct. 4 : Montreal, Canada; Dainese Showroom
- Oct. 5-6: Toronto, Canada; Riders Choice
- Oct. 7-9: Leeds, AL; Barber Vintage Festival
- Oct. 11: Dallas, TX; AMS Ducati Dallas
- Oct. 13: Salt Lake City, UT; Moto Station
- Oct. 14-15: Denver, CO; Performance Cycle of Colorado
- Oct. 16: Costa Mesa, CA; D-Store Orange County
- Oct. 18-19: Portland, OR; MotoCorsa
- Oct. 21: Vancouver, Canada; Vancouver BMW-Ducati
- Oct. 22-23: Vancouver, Canada; Pacific Motorsports
- Oct. 25-26: San Francisco, CA; D-Store San Francisco
- Oct. 28-29: Chicago, IL; D-Store Chicago
- Oct. 30: Detroit, MI; Ducati Detroit
- Nov. 3: Belleville, NJ; The Motorcycle Mall
- Nov. 5: Derry, NH; Seacoast Sport Cycle
The number of fitting sessions available at each tour stop is limited, so interested customers should contact Dainese early. For more information or to book a fitting session on the 2016 North American Custom Works Tour, please visit their website.