AGV releases GT-Veloce helmet
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Posted by: Wes Fleming
AGV is breaking fresh ground with its new GT-Veloce helmet, a top-end helmet boasting the same shell and features as the company's track-focused Pista GP and Corsa models.
With the elimination of the rear spoiler found on those award-winning helmets, the GT-Veloce has a more rounded profile more appropriate for more upright riding positions. Its race-bred roots guarantee absolute performance in terms of safety, light weight, aerodynamics and ventilation.
AGV developed the GT-Veloce following their Extreme Standards, an exacting process that incorporates Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics and wind tunnel testing. Thanks to a tunable comfort liner with extra padding and inner components of optimized density, the helmet is quiet and comfortable for long days in the saddle.
AGV affirms that the GT-Veloce is the perfect helmet for motorcycle touring over any distance and under any weather conditions.
Details of the GT-Veloce:
- ECE and DOT certified
- Four sizes of a Super Super Light (SSL) shell constructed of composite fiber, aramid and carbon fiber
- Integrated Ventilation System (IVS)
- Inner liner is fully removable and washable; construction is breathable Lycra micro-porous fabric featuring Dry-Comfort and a sanitizing treatment
- The Race 2 non-scratch visor features a wide field of vision, can handle tear-off strips, and the toolless Extra Quick Release System (XQRS) features metal contacts and a Visor Lock System (VLS) that reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of a crash
- Chin strap retention via traditional double-d ring mechanism
- Sizing: XS, S, MS (3 lbs 4 oz), ML, L, XL, XXL
- Colors: Mono White, Gravity Black/White/Red, GTX Black/Gunmetal, TXT Black/Gunmetal/Red (pictured here), and Matte Black
- Pricing starts at $559.95
- Distribution in North America through Dianese USA and Parts Unlimited
For more information, refer to AGV's website at www.agv.com/us/agv.