The BMW MOA Rally Site Search Team has the responsibility of identifying and reviewing potential future BMW MOA Rally sites. Jackie Hughes is the committee's chair (contact info below).
Who besides the Team can suggest a possible site? Anyone! The 2007 Rally site was suggested by an Ambassador. A fellow club member suggested the Bloomsburg, PA site. Sometimes BMW MOA is contacted directly by the area Convention and Visitors Bureau or Chamber of Commerce.
Once a site is identified the review process begins...does it meet our basic requirements?
- Site size 100 acres or larger.
- Adequate grass camping area of about 50 acres.
- Indoor air conditioned vendor area consisting of 50,000 square feet or more.
- Wireless Internet service for vendors and Cyber Cafe.
- Adequate toilets and showers.
- 2,500 motel/hotel rooms within a 30 mile radius of the rally grounds.
- Exclusive BMW MOA Beer Garden.
- RV Parking - 100 spaces minimum.
- Paved area of at least 200 feet by 300 feet (on or off rally grounds) to teach
- Rider Performance University Rider Courses.
- Grandstand or Arena seating for at least 3500 for the Closing Ceremonies.
- Off Road area (on or off rally grounds) for GS training.
- Six or more air conditioned areas of various size for holding seminars.
- Unpaved area on or off site for GS Giant event and off pavement rider training.
it's determined a site meets our basic requirements a site visit is
scheduled with two or more members of the Team. Then the site is
reviewed by the entire Team. If the site is approved, a recommendation
is sent to the BMW MOA Events Committee for Board approval.
Beginning in 2013, we started a new four Zone rotation schedule of the United States will be implemented as follows:
2017 Zone 1 - Salt Lake City, Utah
2018 Zone 2 - TBD
2019 Zone 3 - TBD
2020 Zone 4 - TBD
For further information on the Rally Site Selection process or if you have a site suggestion please contact Jackie Hughes, 509-928-3261.