Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who's starting off in or passing through Connecticut?

moondog
    hey Buck and everyone else.. I am goin up on the 20th . How do we all get hooked up. I will be going up route 8 to 7 and on up north.We could meet in winsted at Canton BMW at the intersection of 8 and 44.

lcarlson

Rendezvous

Those going from CT via Winstead could join those going up Route 7 in Canaan CT or alternatively, in Great Barrington MA.

moondog
    Ya-ya, that is a good idea too. I am hoping to get a grand parade.!!!

Meet at Canton Cycles to start

OK, lets say we meet at Canton Cycles at 10:00 am, and then pick a way point to hook up with the Rt 7 contingent. Canaan, Great Barrangton, or where Rt 7 and 20 meet up near Lee are all fine with me.

Rt 8 north of Winstead is all about twisties along a river with decent pull-offs.

lcarlson - have you tried Rt 183 (Rt 8 over to 7 - Great Barrington)?

According to Mapquest, it is about 45 vminutes via Rt 44 & Rt 7 from Winsted to Great Barrington. If you want to use Great Barrington, should we pick 11:00 am as a meetign time?

moondog
    I am game. I live 10 minutes from Canton Cyles. For clarification Canton Cycles moved to Winsted and is still called Canton Cycles for those not familiar with the shop and is right at the end of the multilane Route 8. Go to the end of Route 8 and look to the right and thar she be...! Route 8 continues to the right and then a right again at the NCCTC college 1/4 mile up from Canton Cycles. Also make note on the rally forum about reflective stuff on your helmet in Vermont.

lcarlson
    Don't believe I have been on RT. 183. In this case, it wouldn't really make sense for those of us coming up route 7 from southern CT, as 7 runs basically due north to Great Barrington from where we are starting.

Meeting Place

Hi lcarlson: sorry I was asking about the road in the context of it being a way for us to cut over from Winsted to Breat Barrington to meet up - my bad.

Is 11:00 am a good meet time for Great Barrington?

lcarlson

sounds good -

11:00 am in Great Barrington sounds about right to me -- we'll have to come up with an easily located spot to meet.

moondog
    So we are not meeting in Winsted and are in Great Barrington?

lcarlson
    Riders from the Hartford area may want to meet in Winstead, then join the riders from SW CT in Great Barrington.

moondog
    Aye, aye Captain.... Those going to Winsted I say 10 am is good

Meeting in great Barrington

I can see from the time stamps that everyone had a productive day at work...

As for meeting in Great Barrington: we could meet at their High School which is on Rt 7, about 2 miles north of the intersection with Rt. 23. School should be out that time of year, so I would think we could congregate in their parking lot while everyone rondevous:

Monument Mountain Regional High School
    600 Stockbridge Road (Rt 7) Great Barrington, MA

Here is a link to mapquest: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=MA&zipcode=

I am also open to other suggestions - just getting the ball rolling

callmethebreeze

CT to VT

Winsted to Great Barrington to Essex Junction on the 20th sounds like a plan. I'll check with my riding buddy to see if he's a go.
    This could be good.
    Breeze

lcarlson

Departure Thurs. 7/20 from Southern CT

I just learned that riders will be assembling at Cliff's BMW in Danbury CT for a 9:00 am departure for the rally.

I see this thread began back in April, and it sounds like it is oriented toward the western part of CT, but, for what it's worth, I'll be leaving my home in eastern CT (FAR eastern CT, 200 feet west of the Rhode Island border) early in the AM on July 20th and heading up using a route "to-be-determined" although I am leaning heavily toward finding an expedient route to VT 100 and enjoying the ride from there. I am camping onsite and want to get there moderately early Thursday. At the moment I am solo, but flexible. I figure once on Rt 100 I won't be solo any more, regardless.
    Steve O. - MOA #122171
    '05 R12GS, '76 CB200 (wife's)
    '91 K100RS, '87 Honda CBR1000 Hurricane, '84 Yamaha FJ1100, '85 Honda VF500F, '76 Yamaha RD400, '82 Honda XL500... and more