Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Boot Recommendations?

Poor man's k-bike owner kreinke's Avatar
    I love my Aerostitch Combat Touring Boots (made specially for 'Stitch by Sidi).

They provide good ankle and calf support for longer rides, are comfy. My feet have never gotten wet in them either.

Plus.....anything with the words combat in the name is a must-have.

Any recommendations for size 14 EEE? Or European 51?

Josh

another option

while doing some casual shopping at Lima, last summer, I tried on a pair of Kochmann Sympatex boots; found them extremely well made and very comfortable for both riding and walkin, as well as reasonably priced; nice velcro fastening on the uppers which fits my large calves; taking them to Mexico next month...good luck..wj

Quote Originally Posted by JOSH
    Any recommendations for size 14 EEE? Or European 51?
    Josh
    The Helimot Big Travel GTX should fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by bluechip
    My feet have grown and I need new boots...10.5-11. Does anyone have a recommendation? I'm in the PNW so need waterproof boots and my calves are 18" so slender stovepipes won't work.
    TIA bluechip
    Oxtar
    Good boots (they make the beemer boots) and at the right vendor, they're affordable. After wearing a pair of BMW gortex boots into the ground, I recently got a pair of Oxtar Infinity boots. For something more street oriented, the Matrix boot would work nicely. My infinity's have been waterproof so far in Portland's winter rain. As other's have mentioned, the Matrix has been well reviewed for those with stouter proportions.

A review of the Matrix by a 'big' guy...
    http://www.newenough.com/product_pic...mcn_report.jpg

A selection of their boots at New Enough (where I bought my Infinity's)...
    http://www.newenough.com/product_group_boots_oxtar.htm

Their sizing is nearly identical to BMW's so if you can find your size in the BMW boots, that size should work for the Oxtars.

My brother in law refers to my legs as tree stumps. I have big calfs and thighs, and usually had to Ski Boots custom fitted. I have used both the BMW Gortex boot and the Oxtar boot. When new I needed to wear thinner socks, but thank god leather stretches over time. I love both boots, definately waterproof, When I ordered the Oxtars from Newenough I needed to go one size up.

HTH

YMMV
    Craig Cleasby
    South Windsor, CT
    1996 K1100LT
    2004 R1150GS
    Yankee Beemers

Harley Davidson commision some great boots from Wolverine that are waterproof, reasonably priced, and offer tremndous support and protection. I have a pair of lace up boots that are also great for walking when you get to the destination too. I am sure that vibration insulation and comfort while walking fit are necessary features for the brand....lol...just kidding

Traveler1
    Quote Originally Posted by STRESS
    Just read an article in MC about the BMW Transition boot. The review claims they were very comfortable , water proof and earned a CE certification. They like all BMW tagged clothing weren't cheap but if an extra $100 could keep me off crutches I will consider when I replace my current boot.
    If you buy BMWs Transition boot make sure there is not a pressure point at the ankles. Some people find these boots very uncomfortable. After a few unhappy customers, my BMW dealer makes sure his customers are satisfied with the fit. The fit problem seems to be unique to these boots. I have other BMW boots and they are perfect. If you also wear BMW pants, and like wear them over (on the outside of) the boot, the Transitions may not work - I have to tuck my pants into the boots. If you can get a good fit - they provide protection which is equal to any "street" boot on the market IMHO.
    Thor Anderson
    Marin County
    K1200GT
    R100GS

Right Wing Conspirator Grey_Matter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuff2C
    When I first made this post on ADVrider I was wearing the BMW Savanna booth every day. They are still is great shape & have held up very well. I also wear them off road almost every weekend. Then two weeks ago I wore the Oxtar Infinity boots for the first time. They are indeed the same boot as the Savanna with some slight embellishments & in my opinion make them better that the Savanna boots.

I commute wearing the BMW/Oxtar boots in Seattle weather every day 70 miles round trip 4-5 days a week & have never had wet feet. In addition they are not overly hot in the summer. Not as light as my SIDI MC boots for summer weather but they are good PNW summer conditions.
    Last edited by Grey_Matter; 03-26-2006 at 04:46 PM.

I have Oxtar Matrix. They are Waterproof and wear well. I don't like the toe box, being narrow, it is tight with any cushion type sock.

I don't tuck in the trouser leg, so I am looking at the Tour Master Response SC Road boot.

Anyone know of a boot with a "square" toe box?

Jim Bud

I too like the Datoyna...

It is a very well made boot....

It is adjustable in fit....and easy to wear "tight" but still be able to get them on and off easily....

My calfs are only slightly thinner than the "big maine woman's" ( it's a joke Irene)....and they can easily adust to fit...

They seem to wear well, and have never leaked....
    Jim Bud...

For all the Oxtar fans, a note from New Enough:

Oxtar Boots

Note about availability: Oxtar is in the process of changing US distributors. We have been closing out the styles below because they will no longer be offered in the US by the new distributor (except for the Matrix style). Please feel free to look at currently availability of the boots listed below by clicking on the drop down menu on each product page. Not many are left, but if your size remains, grab'em!

SNOONE
    Quote Originally Posted by username
    i'm an oxtar matrix man.

perfectly waterproof, and expandable calf area. i dont know about 18 inches, but i've had them on with all sorts of pants (heavy long underwear and jeans) tucked in, and they were fine. good armor. not bad looking.

First day wearing my new matix boots purchased at motorcyclecloseouts.com I can't tell you how comfortable they are. What he said

Snoone,
    How's the sizing factor?

SNOONE
    I had been wearing BMW street sneakers and other BMW Boots , size 42 (9).. Its an exact match to their sizing. I think I heard Oxtar mfrs for BMW so it would make sense that the sizing would match exactly