Thread: Anyone from NC going?

Hybrid View

GT_MAN

Anyone from NC going?

Just wondering if anyone from central NC might be going to the rally. I'm planning to leave Durham on Sunday 7/16 and make it a 3 day trip. What I have planned so far is to make it to Binghamton, NY the first day, a bit aggressive if it rains. Day 2 would take me to White River Junction, VT with 5 covered bridges and Quechee Gorge along the route. Day 3 includes 3 covered bridges, the floating bridge, 2 waterfalls and the cliffs (pallisades) at Fairlee.

Anyway, that's what I have planned if I don't find a group heading north on the 16'th. If this sounds interesting to anyone let me know. Or if you wouldn't mind me hooking up somewhere along your route let me know what you've got in mind. I'd rather ride with a group than solo if possible.

MetaFrog

stop at stay here

we have a fine home
    with a 2-wheeler discount
    check out
    www.ejbowmanhouse.com

MetaFrog #119914

Stuff2c
    $185 a night on a motorcycle trip.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuff2C
    $185 a night on a motorcycle trip.
    But they dont charge extra for the horse poop you get to ride in.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

I plan to leave on the 18th

I plan on heading out from the Boone (NC) area early on Tuesday the 18th to make a two day trip. I am also shooting for Binghamton NY as my first night destination and planning for a rally arrival on Wednesday afternoon. In case of poor weather I may leave the Monday afternoon and try for northern VA, Maryland, or southern PA.
    If anyone else in western NC is heading to the rally on those dates and would to join up on the road, let me know.
    Oh yeah, on the way back I plan to go from Vermont to North Carolina without riding an interstate at all. Fast up,slow back!

Moto Marine

Will probably be heading there from Camp Lejeune

Still working details, but I will probably be heading from Camp Lejuene area. As it get closer, I will check out some of the mentioned rider meetings.

s/f

Mark

Bird Dog

Binghamton overnight

My sister owns a nice campground in the Binghamton area. I spoke with her today about the possibility of a BMW group staying the night. Its a nice facility, showers, pool, pavilion etc. I can make a reservation for the pavilion. If the weather turns sour, the pavilion can be a nice escape. If enough are interested, an evening barbeque could be arranged.

Motard
    1150GS
    R50

Bird Dog

Change of plans & Luckylief check your PM

The campground is available but I won't be there: doing the Peaks Tour

Lucky, thanks for the inquiry, I tried to reply, but your email address bounces and you have selected "no emails" on the site.

www.campingfriend.com/pinecrestcampground

Motard