Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sherpa Services at National?

Sherpa Services at National?

Though I did not take advantage of the Sherpa services at Lima, the idea has intrigued me. As this year's rally is a longer ride and I will be 2 up but still want to camp, I would be interesested in this service so I can make extra space for all of the stuff the S/O wants to bring!

So my question is, will there be Sherpa services at the National in Vermont?

Many thanks!

Rick G
    2004 BMW R 1150 GS - My Big Black Pig!
    2009 Triumph T100 - Neo Classic Retro Tourer.
    2009 Vespa GTS 250 Super - Just for Kicks and Giggles
    2009 Sym Fiddle II - For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by RickG
    Though I did not take advantage of the Sherpa services at Lima, the idea has intrigued me. As this year's rally is a longer ride and I will be 2 up but still want to camp, I would be interesested in this service so I can make extra space for all of the stuff the S/O wants to bring!

Many thanks!

Rick G
    Absolutely!

I Have had a few conversations with Sherpa Ted and he is definately going to be in Vermont.

The vendor packets are going in the mail this week and I am working on arrangemets with Ted so we can get a link set up ASAP.

Best,

Rob Nye
    06 Rally Co-Chair

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

Sherpa at VT

Another option is to ship your extra gear directly to the Rally site (shipping address and time frame will be published at a later date) and then ship it back home from the on site UPS store. UPS can also ship back anything you have bought at the Rally or during your visit, including a motorcycle.

Friedle

VERMONT, It's Not Flat
    Ride fast safely

Original 1973 LWB R75/5 TheSlashFiveTourer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RickG
    Many thanks! Rick G
    Rick. . . check out the Forum messages from mid-January reference Mayberry's Sherpa services. Even a comment there by Sherpa Ted himself about the Vermont National.
    ~ ~ ~ /5 Express
    Have Train? - Will Travel!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nye
    Absolutely!

I Have had a few conversations with Sherpa Ted and he is definately going to be in Vermont.

The vendor packets are going in the mail this week and I am working on arrangemets with Ted so we can get a link set up ASAP.

Best,

Rob Nye
    06 Rally Co-Chair

Agreed, I'll definately be there. I'm just waiting for a "final" type of agreement, such as the vendor package. If the link to my site shows up on the MOA site in the meantime, I'll also switch on reservations.

There is no question that I will sell out, I exceeded my planned capacity last year (92 tents when I originally prepared for 75). This year, I will only be setting up 50 single tents and 50 double tents.

I'll post in the two threads (regarding this subject) once I open up MOA reservations, and if you want a tent, I suggest you don't wait until July to reserve.

I'm more than happy to respond to questions in this thread, PMs, or you can even drop me an email at ted@sherpamayberry.com.

Huh . . . I thought half the fun was seeing how much crap you could pack on a motorcycle?

Of course I have an unfair advantage as I have a Dnepr saddlebag on one side of my bike.

j.

Quote Originally Posted by Friedle
    Another option is to ship your extra gear directly to the Rally site (shipping address and time frame will be published at a later date) and then ship it back home from the on site UPS store. UPS can also ship back anything you have bought at the Rally or during your visit, including a motorcycle.

Friedle

VERMONT, It's Not Flat
    I agree with Mike about shipping your own stuff to the Rally.
    I did this to Rhinebeck and it worked out great!
    Bought a big Rubbermaid Tote, filled it up and shipped it UPS.
    It was waiting for me upon arrival!
    Repacked it Sunday morning and sent it home.
    gsjay
    Jason Kaplitz
    Johnstown, Pa
    Laurel Highlands BMW Riders #294

Quote Originally Posted by gsjay
    I agree with Mike about shipping your own stuff to the Rally.
    I did this to Rhinebeck and it worked out great!
    Bought a big Rubbermaid Tote, filled it up and shipped it UPS.
    It was waiting for me upon arrival!
    Repacked it Sunday morning and sent it home.
    gsjay
    Any details on this option yet?

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

shipping to VT Rally

No details yet trailingjack, but it will be a reality. We will be posting a "ship to" address and earliest date of package arrival at the CVE on the web pages and in the ON.

Michael Friedle
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    BMW MOA Board of Directors
    BMW MOA Internatinal Rally Co-Chair 99, 03, 06
    Ride fast safely

Folks,

Just received the vendor package yesterday. Now that I have placed my application and vendor fee in the mail this morning, I have now opened reservations for the MOA Rally.

My link has already been spread around on this forum here and there (including this thread), so I feel safe providing it once again:

www.sherpamayberry.com

As always, feel free to contact me if you have questions (I'll also continue to monitor this thread).

- Sherpa Ted

The more I think about this, the better it sounds. It could save a lot of packing. How about providing a cooler too? And Tiki Torches.
    Last edited by beemerron; 03-01-2006 at 01:28 AM. Reason: greed
    Ron R

Quote Originally Posted by beemerron
    The more I think about this, the better it sounds. It could save a lot of packing. How about providing a cooler too? And Tiki Torches.
    Long story on the Tiki Torches. To make a long story short, I had a campfire at Lima, only to be threatened by the local fire department with a $1,500 fine and they put out my fire with their equipment (I didn't have the proper fire permit). Except for the threat of the fine, the whole thing was kind of funny.

Same policy for Vermont, no camp fire allowed.

So, no Tiki Torches. I don't like fines.

However, I do provide a couple large coolers (community, each tent doesn't get their own cooler) that I keep stocked with ice. I also provide a 2x4 hunk of wood with a bunch (12, I think) of 12V cigarette lighter outlets for cell phone charging. Pretty fancy, but heck, it does the job.

I normally don't bother advertising these amenities, but I do provide them none the less.

Edit: Just to add; my biggest complaint from my customers is how close together I keep the tents. I do this for a couple reasons, first is that I only get so much room to set up the whole camp, and second, if I spread all 100 tents far apart, I'd have a heck of a time maintaining the Sherpa Camp. Tents will be roughly a foot apart.

So, before considering my service, please understand that you will be placed close together. In comparison to general tent city population last year, probably not much of a big deal because everyone was crammed in pretty tightly.

I also provide ear plugs in case your next door neighbor snores heavily.

Ted's service rocks and the cost is VERY competitive with the hassles of either bringing your stuff or shipping it.
    Anyway, Lynda and I highly recommend his service and it won't be as hot as Lima!
    Cheers, Greg
    Greg ('02 F650 GS; '06 K1200GT); Lynda ('07 R1200RT, '04 Burgman 650)
    Norfolk, VA
    Our Pictures Web Site

I can also tell you we have a pretty good spot for Ted's camp.

If you have never been MC camping this is a great introduction. Personally I also think you get more out of the rally if you stay on site and this is a PDC (pretty darn comfortable) way to do it.

Best,
    Rob Nye
    06 R1200GSADV 06 R1200RTP
    IBA 250 My Iron Butt Rally Blog
    Bristol, Rhode Island USA
    Proud to move oil

Since I started this thread, I felt compelled to book a double for my S/O and myself. This should make our trip a bit easier.

Looking forward to meeting Ted and everyone else.

Rick G
    2004 BMW R 1150 GS - My Big Black Pig!
    2009 Triumph T100 - Neo Classic Retro Tourer.
    2009 Vespa GTS 250 Super - Just for Kicks and Giggles
    2009 Sym Fiddle II - For Sale