Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Big Bend Country

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear
    My daughter and I on my R1100GS did this same trip on the way to Fredricksburg Rally years ago. I remember the Park Ranger telling us the Park was the least visited one in the USA. Way south! I guess many never take the plunge into the Rio Grande area and are truely missing some good stuff,huh! We were there in July(rally month) and the heat was there alright(over 100), but storm came along while there and temp. dropped big time to 80's. We enjoyed the area and more Beemerphiles should get this one done...If one remembers this particular year, the Texas Hill Country was nearly flooded out. The grasses were very green in West Texas, too and this ride to the "Big Bend" country was spectacular ride. Thanx again for the pics and memories. Randy moa13233. PS;my daughter was about 14 years old that year and won't forget the memories either, I'm sure.
    Amazing country! Saturday night - our first night in the adobe - we had thunderstorms and then a huge rainbow - ending at our neighbor's TEXAS flag. What a welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by swaanimal
    Welcome to Texas, Paul, Voni and Sarge!

What a great winter report. Gives me a goal for retirement, when that day comes, many years from now. Yes, I'm a tad jealous

Here's another web forum for you to check out if you haven't already: www.twtex.com
    Thanks!!

I'm blown away by the fun of retirement. Sure glad I did it early. Sure don't miss work. Well, maybe some of the kids, but not the work.

Thanks for the forum. I will check it out. When I get caught up again . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cjack
    Wow. That's an interesting move. The house looks really nice, all the stone work, etc.
    What a great place for Ham Radio antennas. I know what I would do with that windmill tower. Build a couple more, taller.
    I kept thinking you would find Burt Monroe's cot inside the shed.
    Good luck on your winter quarters.
    It is even more amazing than I'd remembered. LOTS of work to do but fun too!

Love the windmill. Not into ham radio. Yet.

The only radio station we get is the brand new Marfa Public Radio. Sweet.

Burt would sure be welcome here. And the road out front would be great for time trials . . .
    Last edited by Voni; 11-19-2009 at 02:35 PM.
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles