Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is Maine as close as it looks?

and you never know....

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nye

Of course YMMV and if you like lobster that much and you like to ride "focused" then yes, by all means you can go from Essex to Maine for Lobster and back in one day (daylight day).

Best,

Rob Nye
    06 Rally Co-Chair
    Not to add too much more caution on this topic -- but as been said a couple times, we don't do east/west too well in New England and worse, most of the major routes also have major traffic congestion at regular times during the summer. I've spent a lot of hours wishing I were slabbing it because I'm stuck in a podunk areas on a back road because of the volume. For example, the southern east/west roads from NH to ME are almost always overloaded on the weekends during the summer. Take your time and enjoy one of the scenic routes.
    jono

2014 BMW K1600GT (Sixer)
    1975 Norton Commando (Oiler)

Stronger, Faster, Tougher iRene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jono
    Not to add too much more caution on this topic -- but as been said a couple times, we don't do east/west too well in New England and worse, most of the major routes also have major traffic congestion at regular times during the summer.
    Just come out and say it! You mean Center Harbor and Meredith, NH on weekend summer days! DON'T YOU!!!!
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Sled Dog Touring Team | RSMaine | MOVermont
    '08 R1200GS | '60 R60