Thread: Reading Forum

moondog

Reading Forum

Anyone know how to turn off the setting for when my cursor goes over a thread title and the pop-up window comes with what the thread says. I find that quite annoying. If the thread looks interesting to me I ll open it and read it. I get enough junk popping up in my screen. And yes I have a pop-up blocker. Is there a setting in profiles, my settings or can't change it?

Quote Originally Posted by n1hnr94
    Anyone know how to turn off the setting for when my cursor goes over a thread title and the pop-up window comes with what the thread says. I find that quite annoying. If the thread looks interesting to me I ll open it and read it. I get enough junk popping up in my screen. And yes I have a pop-up blocker. Is there a setting in profiles, my settings or can't change it?
    Never thought about changing it. It doesn't pop up that fast on my computer. Maybe it's a benefit of having an old/slow machine.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    That actually is a browser setting, if I understand from reading the documentation I could find on the feature. So I would say check your browser, some call them tool tips. To be honest I have never looked for it, and can't seem to find it in Firefox.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

moondog
    Think I found part of the answer. On other websites (not this one) it depends on whether the reader is logged in or not. I read a posting on another website which had another forum address I never saw before. Went to that website and without logging in went to the tech forum and started looking. No pop-up windows. Interesting. Registered and logged in and viola pop-up windows! Doesn't matter on this site. Don't think it is a broswer setting.