Thread: Forum shows wrong time

Forum shows wrong time

Here's an oddity: my options are set to Pacific Time (GMT-8), and to automatically let the forum figure out DST. Yet right now, the forum tells me that my local time is GMT-7, and therefore, is an hour later than it really is here on the left coast. What's up with that?

I'm not sure how long it has been this way, but I just happened to notice a new post by Fearless Leader, that was indicating a time that hasn't arrived yet...

[edit]Now that's truly weird. Right after I initially posted this, the time came up as GMT-8... I swear, I've already had a cup of coffee...
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylRi
    Here's an oddity: my options are set to Pacific Time (GMT-8), and to automatically let the forum figure out DST. Yet right now, the forum tells me that my local time is GMT-7, and therefore, is an hour later than it really is here on the left coast. What's up with that?

[edit]Now that's truly weird. Right after I initially posted this, the time came up as GMT-8... I swear, I've already had a cup of coffee...
    Darryl, I had noticed that too since PDT changed to PST but figured some day it would work itself out. I guess by posting the question it has worked itself out.

By the way what are you mixing with your coffee?

(When I'm in the road, I don't change my laptop time, so even when I'm on the Eastcoast my times are posted in PST)
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

Quote Originally Posted by SFDOC
    Darryl, By the way what are you mixing with your coffee?

(When I'm in the road, I don't change my laptop time, so even when I'm on the Eastcoast my times are posted in PST)
    Left coast turn of phrase, or should you be more carefull which bottle of cream you use in lighten your morning coffe? Just wondering
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar
    hey the letters are right next to each other, it's early. So what is the definition of 'is'? (meant to say 'on' on the road, but that's not correct either, because I'm over the road, or away from home, away on business, or something like that)

Bailey's I wish I had some Bailey's for my coffee, wait I do have some Bailey's

Thanks M1ka, it's my day off.
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

Thanks M1ka, it's my day off.
    Glad I could be of service.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

By the way what are you mixing with your coffee?
    I never mix anything with my coffee; I wouldn't want to dilute the caffiene.

I don't change my laptop's time either, even when I'm in Europe. But that's because I've found it really screws up all of the calendar items I have.

"Why don't we do it in the road?" --John Lennon
    ;-)

dlearl476
    >...I just happened to notice a new post by Fearless Leader, that was indicating a time that hasn't arrived yet...

Fearless leaders post from the future. That's why they're fearless leaders, and you're not.

Us show biz types call it being "ON the road". (As in "On the road again, don't know where or when......")
    I've found that leaving all my time stamps alone, with the exception of my cell phone which automatically does local time, except in Europe, keeps life less complicated. With the exception of course of setting my phone alarm to wake me up to get to the airport, DOH!

I'm not sure how long it has been this way, but I just happened to notice a new post by Fearless Leader, that was indicating a time that hasn't arrived yet...

Try setting your timezone to Pacific but turn off the automatic DST option. See if that sets you to the right time. If not, then pick a different timezone (like Eastern) and reset. If that works, then set it back to Pacific. Let me know your results.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by GregFeeler
    Try setting your timezone to Pacific but turn off the automatic DST option. See if that sets you to the right time. If not, then pick a different timezone (like Eastern) and reset. If that works, then set it back to Pacific. Let me know your results.
    I'd do that, but ever since that time, the forum pages show the correct time for me. And I don't know if it ever had done that before, because I only noticed it then. Must have been a solar flare.

I'd do that, but ever since that time, the forum pages show the correct time for me. And I don't know if it ever had done that before, because I only noticed it then. Must have been a solar flare.

FM.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

When I send a post and I see the time it puts me in Italy. Oh I wish!