Thread: The Dark Side - Car Tires

The Dark Side - Car Tires

It is pretty interesting stuff to think about, this going over to the Dark Side. Will a car tire fit any model of BMW motorcycle? Anybody tried it, yet?

I'm in

This sounds like something I would try. I don't know of any car tires that would fit my non-cruiser bike however. I plan on researching this further.

Didn't the model T have the same size rim width?...lol Seriously if anybody knows what can be done maybe ask CustomSarge on the forum? He does some really wild stuff.

Didn't we have this discussion already a while back? Or did I read that somewhere else? Anyway, sounds even more scary to me than those re-manufactured tires... Car tires aren't made to be driven/ridden on their edge, remember... But hey, it will entertain us, so please post pics of a K1200S with Michelin PilotSports front and back

Good luck,
    Jacco

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar

OK so they could have

Dodge Tomahawk V-10
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

Quote Originally Posted by SFDOC
    Dodge Tomahawk V-10
    Russ you came by my house and did not say hi?...lol

MT State of mind
    I know of one R1200C that runs a Chinese car tire on the rear and sidecar-rigged R1200C owners like to run car tires.

Car tire on a R1200C

One of my bikes is a R1200C with a Champion sidecar. I run a car tire on the rear. The factory rim is 15" so it's a no-brainer to use the car tire when you get 30-40k miles out of a car tire vs around 5k when pulling a sidehack. I took the hack off one time and rode around 50 miles with the car tire on the rear. Really couldn't tell much difference but then again, I didn't ride extremely aggressive.