Thread: Where to buy replacement Arai vents

Where to buy replacement Arai vents

Some of the vents on my Arai need to be replaced. Any suggestions as to where to shop for such parts? I usually get stuff like this from CycleGear, but the color I want is back ordered.

Your local Arai dealer will generally replace them under warranty. They've usually got a little box of parts they'll help you with.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

www.theservicepavilion.com
    ph#610-960-2245
    These guys are great they service Arai helmets at all the AMA events and are easy to work with if you get fitted by them you can buy helmets online.
    Knick
    F800GS
    Vespa ET4

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by knary
    Some of the vents on my Arai need to be replaced. Any suggestions as to where to shop for such parts? I usually get stuff like this from CycleGear, but the color I want is back ordered.
    I had a similar circumstance with CycleGear when trying to order side plates that cover the face shield assembly. I was told they were backordered, then subsequently told they were discontinued.

My BMW dealer, who is also an Arai dealer, was able to get me a set in less than 24 hours. Same thing when I replaced the vents.

FYI: there are clear vents available, making color choice less important, though you can see all the squished, dead bugs inside.

Quote Originally Posted by SNC 1923
    I had a similar circumstance with CycleGear when trying to order side plates that cover the face shield assembly. I was told they were backordered, then subsequently told they were discontinued.

My BMW dealer, who is also an Arai dealer, was able to get me a set in less than 24 hours. Same thing when I replaced the vents.

FYI: there are clear vents available, making color choice less important, though you can see all the squished, dead bugs inside.

I'm not a big fan of a particular local dealer. I wanted to give my business to someone else. It turns out they've got them in stock. As for the color, it's a yellow helmet but finding yellow vents has proved futile. There's some urgency as the winter weather descends on Portland; the broken back vent is giving me a wet head.

Thanks guys.

Scott, why don't you call Sierra BMW.
    Their open house is tomorrow and their sale is on until Saturday night.
    If you call them and order you will still get 10% off.
    Or you could ride down and get some free food also.

Quote Originally Posted by widebmw
    Scott, why don't you call Sierra BMW.
    Their open house is tomorrow and their sale is on until Saturday night.
    If you call them and order you will still get 10% off.
    Or you could ride down and get some free food also.

I just picked up the parts at the local shop. Time is in short supply for the next couple weeks.

If anyone knows where I can round up a couple of those little discs that hold the shield on a Schuberth C2, lemme know.

They're all backordered until the end of time or something.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by KBasa
    If anyone knows where I can round up a couple of those little discs that hold the shield on a Schuberth C2, lemme know.

They're all backordered until the end of time or something.
    Dave if you're still looking, call Irv Seaver's in Orange, CA. They're as likely as not to have them in stock.