Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 National in Vermont

class 4 road is an unused unmaintained road that is still on the books of the town records. They can be anything from a current driveway to a creekbed.

I live on a class 4 road. I don't have a GS, but is there really anybody who's not interested in a pig roast?

HA! and I'm right down the street, too!

PS: thought that might be you Jack- I was in Essex, sorry I missed you. Send me your email and we can blow this popcorn stand!
    Last edited by beemerPhil; 10-19-2005 at 04:18 PM.
    Phil Keppelman #20331
    MOA Rally Stage Manager
    The shortest distance between two points.............
    ain't how I got here......

HELEN
    [QUOTE=Rob Nye]Greetings,

The site tour and meeting last Saturday was to introduce the facility to our members and give the BOD a chance to see the site.

We will be updating the rally page for November first. In the interim I offer the following on the pre-rally camping.

We have reserved an entire Vermont State Campground for the exclusive use of rally attendees from Monday through Wednesday. The campground is the Lake Carmi State Park

Both an excellent facility and a GREAT place to ride! I was really glad I had the opportunity to get up there. The campground is beautiful with lots and lots of trees (shade) paved roads to each of the sites, and terrific views of the lake.

For those of you that can't take enough time off work to get out to the RA in Boise and Top of the Rockies in Paonia, should plan on taking at the very least a full week... scoot up to Carmi and chill before the hubbub of the National... Smoooooth! YES! I only wish I could be up there doing it too!

The Fairgrounds is a good site for the Rally itself with AIR CONDITIONED vendor and seminar buildings... AND, I was told, the largest toilet in the state! Of course, I had to ask if that was one single toilet of very large proportions or a large facility with many toilets... I will let you get there to find out what the answer was!!

pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by 78769
    I am a local sugarmaker that rides a GS along with local farmers and loggers.
    We are planning to take visiting GS riders on some adventure tours(class 4 roads) to demonstrate that Vermont is not all ice cream and teddy bears.
    We don't know if there would be any interests. A rough plan would be to go on these rides either before or after the rally and follow up the rides with a pig roast later. Is there any interest?

Patience, there will be a ton of interest as more people find out about this. Just plan it. You might want to post about it at a couple related sites.

www.trailpilgrim.com/forums
    www.advrider.com/forums

Have fun with it, and sorry I will be out west at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by beemerPhil
    is there really anybody who's not interested in a pig roast?
    Mmmmm... pigmeat...
    --Joe Merlino - Modified '82 R100RT

.....better be a BIG pig!

----------------
    Phil Keppelman #20331
    MOA Rally Stage Manager
    The shortest distance between two points.............
    ain't how I got here......

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

06 Intl Rally info

Hello 78769,

Assuming that is not your VT Correctional Facilities inmate number, yes we would be interested in having you plan a GS ride, or series of rides, for the 06 International Rally. BTW 78769, who are you? My Mom told me not to accept maple sugar candy from a stranger

All ride submissions, interesting sites to visit and things to do that you might want to share with others attending the 06 VT Intl Rally may be submitted to me at mfriedle@bmwmoa.org Muriel Farrington, the editor of the BMW Motorcycle Owners of Vermont newsletter (the MOVer), will be compiling all the material for placement on our webpages as well as in the issues of the ON. You can cc Muriel when you send stuff to me at mmfarrington1@juno.com

This WILL be a rider's rally!

Michael Friedle

VERMONT, It's Not Flat
    Ride fast safely

Here's where it is:

Got the picture?
    Jeff Dean − Tucson, Arizona − BMW MOA Co-founder (1972)
    http://bmwdean.com/2014-r1200rt.htm − MSF Chief Instructor (1994)
    Friend of the Marque (1999) − Prof. Gerhard Knochlein BMW Classic Award (2013)
    2014 & 2007 R1200RTs, R60/2s, R67/3, R51/3 ↔ 1949 R24

mjconde

Thumbs up Coming from Fort Worth, TX

Wife and I just made the booked our time off for this Rally. It will be our first. It is 29 hours and 10 minutes per MapQuest.

Pig goes really well with Salsa!!!

Matt & Ramona

3,038 mi (about 2 days 4 hours) straight from Chula Vista, but I am thinking of going north into Canada then East. Definitely looking longer than 2 weeks.

Elliot

Thumbs up 06 Rally

Thanks Marilyn,
    Its never too early to start planning for next year.

Elliot
    97 R1100R
    05 HD Electra Glide

Bristol, Vermont - Gateway to The Green Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Friedle
    VERMONT, It's Not Flat

GSing in Vermont

The BMWMOV will be running a special edition of The Puppy Dog Ride (see September 2004 ON) from Lake Carmi State Park. We plan a hero section of two for those who want a bit more challenge. The Puppy Dog Ride is a mostly dirt ride from Canada to Massachusetts. Most dirt roads are maintained, with an occasional Class IV road or two thrown in. The hero sections may have logging roads or Class IV roads in *really poor* shape. And, yes, the Puppy Dog Ride includes the (not so) floating bridge.

Muriel
    BMW MOA Secretary
    '07 F650 '12 F650 twin
    Running on One Cylinder - except when running on two

day trip?

Muriel,

Is this a day trip or an overnight event?

Where do you stay if overnight?

Jason
    Jason Kaplitz
    Johnstown, Pa
    Laurel Highlands BMW Riders #294

Jason - The Heifermeister and Ray Atwood and John Thurber will be finalizing all plans. We historically have stayed at Alice State Park, about half way, but I believe there's talk of returning north each night. But, the most important thing is that the maps will be available, and small groups can do their own thing. We've always camped, but there are places along the way; most state parks have shelters as well as campsites.

Something I probably didn't mention yesterday is the hero sections will be optional - people not into the rough and tumble can stay on graded roads. Also, for those into the rough and tumble, Ray Atwood has route-sheeted most of northern Vermont. I believe he'll have those route sheets available. Don't know if anyone has done GPS coordinates for those routes, but it's fun to ride the old-fashioned way

Muriel
    BMW MOA Secretary
    '07 F650 '12 F650 twin
    Running on One Cylinder - except when running on two