Thread: Strobe Lights

Strobe Lights

We are all concerned about visibility and I am seeing trucks with flashing yellow strobe lights the size of tail lights, these appear to be the LED type and I see pick up trucks with white flashing strobe lights inside the parking lights and backup lights.

Now does anyone know if this type strobe light is available for motorcycles??? It strikes me as two of these on the front of the bike would be of great advantage.
    Gene T

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar

Yes

I don't know Florida law, but yes, you can add Red Hyper-Lites or light buddies to the back end of the bike and the alternating headlight modules up front.

Safety is only a matter of cost and legality in all 50-States, depending on how far you ride. (EDIT: I just checked, safety lighting installed on a motorcycle is legal in all 50-States and Canada)

Good luck

Hyper-Lites kick butt, they have scared people coming up behind me while (stopped) at intersections, to stop early.
    Last edited by PacWestGS; 10-03-2005 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Spelling/Comments
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

Flashing Brake Lights

Just a word of caution per MSF Instructor (AKA a State Cop)

Continously flashing red brake lights are illegal in all 50 states. You will probably not be bothered by the law but you never know. Hyper -lites can be set up to flash for around 5 seconds then stay on continous.

Head Light modulators are legal during daylight hours in all 50 states.
    Roy G.
    85 K100RT Ol Ruby "Gone but not forgotten"

02 K1200LTC Hoss