Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spring & Fall glove suggestions

Thanks for the advice

Hi All,
    thanks for all the advice, now I just have to go find something that fits.

Roy
    Roy G.
    85 K100RT Ol Ruby "Gone but not forgotten"

02 K1200LTC Hoss

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roy
    Hi All,
    thanks for all the advice, now I just have to go find something that fits.

Roy
    That always seems to be the difficult part.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    That always seems to be the difficult part.
    Yep. Conversations about boots, gloves, and helmets only help so much. I wear a pair of Held's cheaper gloves as my everyday pair. I had, as part of an insurance payment, the money to buy a replacement pair of their fancy and expensive gloves. But instead of the $150 gloves, I ended up with the $50 gloves. They fit while the others didn't.

(it didn't help that the super fancy and expensive Helds with the rivets and kangaroo skin, etc had been destroyed in a minor 10 mph spill)

What's that noise...? basketcase's Avatar
    My take is a bit different. I wear a pair of deerskin gloves made by ... darned if I can remember. The company has a spiffy looking logo, and the gloves come in a cool clear storage pack, and maybe I will remember the name after my third cup of coffee.

Anyway, I also have a pair of Pearl Izumi bicyclists rain gloves that I keep in the trunk: very light weight, waterproof, and they fit over the deerskins when needed.
    '98 BMW Z3 Roadster, '00 R1100RT

If you insist on exercising a right to burn our flag, first be so kind as to wrap yourself in it and then douse yourself with gasoline just before you strike the match.

Quote Originally Posted by knary
    (it didn't help that the super fancy and expensive Helds with the rivets and kangaroo skin, etc had been destroyed in a minor 10 mph spill)
    Mine did okay in a 70mph, 50-foot, face-down, palms-down slide on a concrete interstate highway. The rivets did their job and some ripped out, but not all. The kangaroo skin performed very well. In fact, I still sometimes wear those gloves.
    Marilyn Roberts
    F800R, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    Add about 1100 to my post count

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    Mine did okay in a 70mph, 50-foot, face-down, palms-down slide on a concrete interstate highway. The rivets did their job and some ripped out, but not all. The kangaroo skin performed very well. In fact, I still sometimes wear those gloves.

Good to know. Maybe mine were just showing their age or were an anomoly.

BTW, that sounds like a charming experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtessler
    Hi Mar, How would you stack up the Revit Celcius against your Helds in terms of overall comfort and waterproofing?
    The Held gloves I have are not waterproof. I have not used the Revit gloves in rain yet but I expect them to perform well. Both are comfortable.
    Marilyn Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by knary
    BTW, that sounds like a charming experience.
    It was. Returning from Americade in 2001 I hit a deer at 70 mph on I-88 near Cobbleskill, NY. Wear the gear... I'm still here.
    Marilyn Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    The Held gloves I have are not waterproof. I have not used the Revit gloves in rain yet but I expect them to perform well. Both are comfortable.
    Thanks for the response, Marilyn. I've just ordered the Revit Tornado H20s. I've got a pair of lightweight summer Held's but am looking for something a bit more substantial... and waterproof.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    The Held Storm I have are waterproof. Just not all the fancy stuff of some of the other gloves they make.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

My Held Hawk gloves are good for cooler to cold (40-ish) weather. They're good in the rain, too.
    Grant
    '05 R1200GS
    Former owner of an '03 R1150R
    BMWMOA #113847

spring/fall gloves

Just got back from RA nat. I wore both my Summer and Winter BMW BMW gloves on the ride. I forgot that the Summer gloves have one feature that the Winter glove and most other gloves do not have. The left glove has a squeegee built into the index finger. It's a feature I've gotten use to using. Riding back from the rally it got cold and switched to the winter gloves. Then it started raining. I really found out out how much I used that sqeegee feature to wipe off rain drops off my Helmet windshield.