Page 146 of 158 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2360

Thread: Post a picture of your oilhead

Bednarley

'94 r 1100 rs

Left front angle.jpg

The building in background is the train depot from the tv shows Homeland and Banshee

Oh yeah. Another RS joins the fold. Man, that bike looks clean.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

Welcome, Bednarley! Always glad to have another RS rider to tip the scales in the right direction. Yours is a beauty!
    Mark M, St. Louis, '13 R1200GS, '01 Super Sherpa
    There are two roads in life; the twisty one is vastly more fun.

Gone but not forgotten

This was one of the last pics of my 94' RSL. I traded if for a 05' R1200RT. I would love to have another R1100 or 1150 RS. Anyone want to trade for a 1988 R100RT ?

photo.jpg

Its been a while since I posted my bike (Heidi) and thought I'd contribute to the RS side of the equation...but the thing is she isnt getting along with "Claudia" so am now looking for a....R1100S...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its been a while since I posted my bike (Heidi) and thought I'd contribute to the RS side of the equation...but the thing is she isnt getting along with "Claudia" so am now looking for a....R1100S...

No, don't say that. You will wake up all those slumbering S bike guys.

Seriously though, wouldn't getting a R1100S be buying a bike similar to Claudia. Isn't that sort of a duplication machines? Or is the whole point to have similar bikes?

patiodadio. Yellow...and a RSL. You don't see that very often. You need to add Jambx's RS to your collection.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

95 R1100RSL.jpg
    Not a great picture, but it's packed away for the winter.
    Last edited by ehenneberger; 11-27-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluehole View Post

Seriously though, wouldn't getting a R1100S be buying a bike similar to Claudia. Isn't that sort of a duplication machines? Or is the whole point to have similar bikes?

patiodadio. Yellow...and a RSL. You don't see that very often. You need to add Jambx's RS to your collection.
    Yes you are (as my brit friends would say) - spot on - however, I sometimes long for a bike to cover my shorter rides and the Ducati is just so brutal to ride and lacks the refinement I find in the German bikes. When I head to the garage I look at both bikes and inevitably head to the RS most times over the Monster. I am so hooked on the Flat-Twin design. I realize you and the RS boys are squirming that I am even considering a S however there are many times that I do enjoy the ride of a pure sports bike and the 1100S in all its beauty (you have to admit the lines are as outstanding be it different to the RS) would replace Claudia for the shorter jaunts through the Connecticut country side. Dont get me wrong I think the RS in its present form is in a class all its own and if it came down to the fact that I could only have one bike in the world it would be the RS all the way. She just does everything so friggin well. Here are a couple of more pics of Heidi - I just cant take my eyes off her.

I do not want to hijack the picture thread and will post in the Oilhead forum but I have yet to ride a 1100S but plan to do so, I am assuming the ride and set up vs the RS will feel more sprinted but I can be wrong/ I do not suppose anyone has had any first hand experience as to the feel of both models...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jambx View Post
    Dont get me wrong I think the RS in its present form is in a class all its own and if it came down to the fact that I could only have one bike in the world it would be the RS all the way. She just does everything so friggin well. Here are a couple of more pics of Heidi - I just cant take my eyes off her.
    She's a beautiful RS. I love that paint scheme.

Custom Oilhead

This custom bike is for sale at Gateway BMW. What caught my eye is the 1996 R1100RS engine. Go here to see more photos: Custom BMW

1475988_10153575634445381_447660136_n.jpg

I realize you and the RS boys are squirming that I am even considering a S however there are many times that I do enjoy the ride of a pure sports bike and the 1100S in all its beauty (you have to admit the lines are as outstanding be it different to the RS)

I think the R1100S is one of the most beautiful motorcycles out there. I can stare at pictures of S bikes for a long time...and thanks to these goofy S bike owners I often get the opportunity.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

That bike was painted Ducati yellow in 94' by Holt BMW and the paint is still good with about 80 K on it. They are $$$ but do good work.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkM View Post
    This custom bike is for sale at Gateway BMW. What caught my eye is the 1996 R1100RS engine. Go here to see more photos: Custom BMW

1475988_10153575634445381_447660136_n.jpg

I'm not much on customs as a rule [subtle changes maybe?] but that one I sorta like.

Wonder why the builder went 'carburetor' ..?

Left Coast Rider
    *Yawn...*...What's that? Did someone mention they wanted an S? Fine choice, m'boy, fine choice.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    *Yawn...*...What's that? Did someone mention they wanted an S? Fine choice, m'boy, fine choice.
    Bill Johnston