Page 103 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2336

Thread: Post a picture of your oilhead

Quote Originally Posted by WEEMAN View Post
    I believe it's pretty close to original paint/trim configuration but to say it is for sure I wouldn't know. I bought my bike from a guy that was selling it on a salvaged title after he bought it from a BMW tech that put it back on the road after a parking lot crash right off from the insurance co. He, the second owner, bought it in 2000 and only road it at 2200 miles per year. It runs fantastic and I really don't care about the title value as I will ride it until I can't anymore.
    The only thing that I've noticed is the decal on the tank is void on both sides depicting the bike model but to me that's little details only.
    Steve
    I kind of like it without the R1100RS decal. Here's mine from a ride this summer. It has also been through a crash or two, but is actually a combination of three bikes. Somehow, through all of that, mine has a clean title. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
    I kind of like it without the R1100RS decal. Here's mine from a ride this summer. It has also been through a crash or two, but is actually a combination of three bikes. Somehow, through all of that, mine has a clean title. Go figure.
    Your bike is nice! I noticed that you have something on your tank that runs from the top to the bottom next to your seat, what is that and where does one find one? I also like the rear fender rack above the rear fender.
    How do you like your r1100?
    Cheers,
    Steve

Your bike is nice! I noticed that you have something on your tank that runs from the top to the bottom next to your seat, what is that and where does one find one? I also like the rear fender rack above the rear fender.
    How do you like your r1100?
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Love the bike aside from the gearbox input splines being slowly eaten away. I think I'll be splitting the bike this winter to have another look at them.

The piece on the tank is just an aftermarket stick on "tank pad" to prevent your zipper from scratching the tank. There are lots to choose from. I think the one on mine is just a generic carbon fiber look piece. It was on the bike when I got it.
    EDIT - took a close look at mine and noticed it has the Z logo - guess someone spent the big bucks for the real deal.

cheap ones on ebay:
    http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...506.m270.l1313

Want the real deal?
    http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=2100

Want the sides covered too?
    http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mot...e/1601032.html

The rear racks require a new tail piece and struts that go through it and bolt to the subframe. I have a spare, blue tail piece with a little damage inside, but not the rack, struts or hardware. It does come in handy at times.
    Last edited by rxcrider; 10-31-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
    Love the bike aside from the gearbox input splines being slowly eaten away. I think I'll be splitting the bike this winter to have another look at them.

The piece on the tank is just an aftermarket stick on "tank pad" to prevent your zipper from scratching the tank. There are lots to choose from. I think the one on mine is just a generic carbon fiber look piece. It was on the bike when I got it.

cheap ones on ebay:
    http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...506.m270.l1313

Want the real deal?
    http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=2100

Want the sides covered too?
    http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mot...e/1601032.html

The rear racks require a new tail piece and struts that go through it and bolt to the subframe. I have a spare, blue tail piece with a little damage inside, but not the rack, struts or hardware. It does come in handy at times.
    Over time, do all the RS's have the input spline issues? How many miles do you have on your bike? I guess I've always believed that if it's not broken just ride it until you have to fix it unless one thing leads to another then the choice is gone. I hope yours works out for the best. Thank you very much for the info, it will be used.

Steve

Over time, do all the RS's have the input spline issues? How many miles do you have on your bike? I guess I've always believed that if it's not broken just ride it until you have to fix it unless one thing leads to another then the choice is gone. I hope yours works out for the best. Thank you very much for the info, it will be used.

Steve
    I'll send you a pm with spline lube links tomorrow rather than clutter the photo thread anymore

Thanks.....right thing to do.

Nickname: Droid
    I have a 94 RS with 170,000 miles on it, with over 110,000 on the 96 spec transmission that was replaced in 98. The clutch splines will get cleaned/lubed again this winter when I pull the tranny back. But the "slowly eats the clutch splines" comment really isn't true as long as you do regular maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by ANDYVH View Post
    I have a 94 RS with 170,000 miles on it, with over 110,000 on the 96 spec transmission that was replaced in 98. The clutch splines will get cleaned/lubed again this winter when I pull the tranny back. But the "slowly eats the clutch splines" comment really isn't true as long as you do regular maintenance.
    Sorry - that was aimed specifically at my bike although the oilheads as a whole do have a history of spline wear, some much worse than others. In my case, the input shaft splines were partially worn when I got the bike and the mating clutch hub was chewed. I put it back together with a clutch hub with very little wear and lubed it. I'll pull it apart again this winter for a cleaning, inspection and hopefully a relube / reassemble. Given the wear already on the shaft, I figure it is only a matter of time before I'm replacing the shaft. When that time comes, a new clutch assembly and housing alignment check will also be on the menu.

The details if you want to read them:
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55462

If anyone wants to continue this discussion, please reply in the linked thread. I didn't mean to open a can of worms and clutter up the photo thread.
    Last edited by rxcrider; 11-01-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Left Coast Rider
    Lotsa talk. Need more pictures. Time for an "S" shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sweet lookin' S! Like that Phil Read edition Arai as well....

(But Titan Gray/Mandarin S bikes are still the fastest)
    Bill Johnston

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    (But Titan Gray/Mandarin S bikes are still the fastest)
    That's only a vicious and unsubstantiated rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    That's only a vicious and unsubstantiated rumour.
    Guess there's only one REAL way to find out!
    Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    Guess there's only one REAL way to find out!
    Bring It!

Ride Safe, Ride Lots

[QUOTE=bikerfish1100;836956]Bring It!

QUOTE]

I'd love to do just that! But unfortunately my bum ticker doesn't play well at high elevations in the Rockies!
    Bill Johnston

Left Coast Rider
    Looks like Mr. Fish will be making a trip to the west coast.