Page 138 of 152 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2269

Thread: Post a picture of your oilhead

Quote Originally Posted by bluehole View Post
    Is that Mount St Helens? I remember the 1980 eruption. I heard the area was like a wasteland in the aftermath of the eruption. Surprised to see all those trees...then I realized that was 33 years ago!

weeman, nice RSL.
    Yup, that's St Helen's, from a viewpoint several miles SE of the crater. Most of the tree destruction was towards the north side of the volcano, which is recovering but not this well forested. IF you ever manage to get out this way, well worth some time and effort to visit. BC1100S visited the other side on his journey, perhaps he has a pic or two (with his Pathetic Blue S of course) from Johnston Ridge?

Bill Johnston

Is that Mount St Helens? I remember the 1980 eruption. I heard the area was like a wasteland in the aftermath of the eruption. Surprised to see all those trees...then I realized that was 33 years ago!

weeman, nice RSL.
    Thanks bluehole!

Post a picture of your oilhead

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    Thanks bluehole!
    Weeman - is the Tupperware original on your '95 RSL? I thought 1996 was the first year for silver on the side fairing bottoms and behind the cylinder cutouts. I see you also have a color matched dash. My '95 doesn't have those.

Quote Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
    Weeman - is the Tupperware original on your '95 RSL? I thought 1996 was the first year for silver on the side fairing bottoms and behind the cylinder cutouts. I see you also have a color matched dash. My '95 doesn't have those.
    I bought it with the paint you see....I assume it was original but it's possible that it has been repainted. It does have a nice cobalt blue finish!

weeman, where was this picture taken? Tell us more about the bike. When did you buy it? How did you come across it?
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    Yup, that's St Helen's, from a viewpoint several miles SE of the crater.
    My wife and I were out that way a few weeks ago, through the Gifford Pinchot Forest. Alas, the road to Spirit Lake was closed. We came all the way from Canada to drive that road (and a couple of others).
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

weeman, where was this picture taken? Tell us more about the bike. When did you buy it? How did you come across it?
    The picture was taken at my house just over the BC border on the US side near Bellingham, Was. I bought it from a guy just about a year and a half ago that had to relocate from Seattle to San Francisco for his job and couldn't keep it where he was going. Most of his riding was local to Seattle and only covered approximately 2200 miles a year hence the low miles of just 35k.

I plan to ride it mid Aug to see my 92 year old Mom in Carmel and possibly hit the Historics at Laguna Sega then up to visit my two brothers in Bend, Or on the return.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by RINTY View Post
    My wife and I were out that way a few weeks ago, through the Gifford Pinchot Forest. Alas, the road to Spirit Lake was closed. We came all the way from Canada to drive that road (and a couple of others).
    Yeah, those backcountry FS roads in the volcano region open very late, and all subject to emergency closures in summer from landslides. Couple of years ago I was watching the road alert info on the Gifford Pinchot website planning a ride to Windy Ridge / Spirit Lake. After the roads had been open a month. Needless to say, I shoulda checked road conditions THAT day!

Bill Johnston

The picture was taken at my house just over the BC border on the US side near Bellingham, Was. I bought it from a guy just about a year and a half ago that had to relocate from Seattle to San Francisco for his job and couldn't keep it where he was going. Most of his riding was local to Seattle and only covered approximately 2200 miles a year hence the low miles of just 35k.

I plan to ride it mid Aug to see my 92 year old Mom in Carmel and possibly hit the Historics at Laguna Sega then up to visit my two brothers in Bend, Or on the return.

Steve
    Got it. I saw what looks like a historical marker in the background and was wondering where the picture was taken. Interesting story behind your RSL. Nice find. Hope your August trip goes well.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

Nice RS. That's what I like to see. That's the ticket. Yeah...
    "all things in moderation - including moderation"

Along the Yellowstone River at Mallard's Rest camping/fishing park, approaching YNP from the NE.

Saw this the next morning.

Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    We Oilheaders are just such rebels!
    When you hear "pencil colors" you just don't get the picture, do you?

I never get tired of looking at that machine.

My own is a black 1998 RT - I'm sure you've seen one. Trying to imagine it with graphite and yellow...

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerfish1100 View Post
    Along the Yellowstone River at Mallard's Rest camping/fishing park, approaching YNP from the NE.

Judging from your pipes, it looks like you're running a little lean.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Judging from your pipes, it looks like you're running a little lean.
    Nah, he's just one of them red hot Colorado riders. Obviously the bike was parked 5 seconds before the pic was snapped!
    Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by bikerfish1100 View Post
    Those red headers are cool. Congrats on 100,000 miles!
    Mark M, St. Louis, '95 R1100RS, '01 Super Sherpa
    There are two roads in life; the twisty one is vastly more fun.