Page 136 of 156 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2336

Thread: Post a picture of your oilhead

Quote Originally Posted by terham View Post
    Heading out in the morning for the "Oregon Trail".
    Forget the "Oregon Trail", get on the "Oregon Beer Trail"

http://oregoncraftbeer.org/breweries/
    http://beermapping.com/maps/citymaps.php?m=portlandor#
    92 K75s (never sell), 97 F650st (sold), 04 R1100s (now owned by a deer), and about 10 others

Left Coast Rider
    OK, you bunch of ne'er-do-wells. I want to meet each and every one of you (even RS riders) so I'm going to go out on a limb and provide my contact info. I am fully connected so here we go: My cell is 604-908-2411. You can phone me or text me. My email address is agvallis@telus.net so if that's your preferred mode of communication, I'm good to go. Oh, the name is Al.

Now, I'll be working the registration desk on Thursday between noon and 4 pm. Just look for the stunningly handsome guy in the centre of a bevy of women - that'll be SeabeckS. I'll be the guy with the sour look on his face on the other side of the tent. Just kidding!

Hope to see you all at the rally.

(Can't wait to impugn Bluehole's reputation in his absence!)

I was really enjoying your "S" photos until I looked a little closer at the second one. Please be more careful next time.
    We are everywhere. That one looks like Mark M.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

Quote Originally Posted by bluehole View Post
    We are everywhere. That one looks like Mark M.
    The photo bomber strikes! (Not my wind screen but otherwise looks like mine.)
    Mark M, St. Louis, '95 R1100RS, '01 Super Sherpa
    There are two roads in life; the twisty one is vastly more fun.

How in the world do you carry everything you need to camp, in just the system bags?
    Back in the day when I was tenting, I carried a duffel on the passenger seat. Nowdays, I "camp" at the nearest motel.

I was really enjoying your "S" photos until I looked a little closer at the second one. Please be more careful next time.
    Ya gotta watch what you eat on the road

"Back in the day when I was tenting, I carried a duffel on the passenger seat. Nowdays, I "camp" at the nearest motel."

Must admit that I never really did care much [for] camping. Partially due to the pack & carry situation. Have on occasion, and pert-near every time.....it rained.

So I became a [motel] camper way-back-when...

Quote Originally Posted by k75s View Post
    Great links...and as Homer Simpson might remark...MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm BEER!

Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    OK, you bunch of ne'er-do-wells. I want to meet each and every one of you (even RS riders) so I'm going to go out on a limb and provide my contact info. I am fully connected so here we go: My cell is 604-908-2411. You can phone me or text me. My email address is agvallis@telus.net so if that's your preferred mode of communication, I'm good to go. Oh, the name is Al.

Now, I'll be working the registration desk on Thursday between noon and 4 pm. Just look for the stunningly handsome guy in the centre of a bevy of women - that'll be SeabeckS. I'll be the guy with the sour look on his face on the other side of the tent. Just kidding!

Hope to see you all at the rally.

(Can't wait to impugn Bluehole's reputation in his absence!)
    Boy, sure hope my wife doesn't read this thread!
    Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    "Back in the day when I was tenting, I carried a duffel on the passenger seat. Nowdays, I "camp" at the nearest motel."

Must admit that I never really did care much [for] camping. Partially due to the pack & carry situation. Have on occasion, and pert-near every time.....it rained.

So I became a [motel] camper way-back-when...
    Me? I'm just a wuss. After "sleeping" on the ground in a plethora of fire camps in the 70's and 80's I just ain't interested in camping anymore! LOL
    Bill Johnston

/ mod hat on /

It has come to the attention of the Moderators that this has turned into a general discussion thread. In reality, it's a "Post a picture of your oilhead" thread. Pictures...we like to see pictures of bikes...less words, please!!

Thanks...

/ mod hat off /
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

My first Beemer!

This 1996 R1100R with 17k miles is my first Beemer(owned only Hondas). Like Sgt Schultz said(giving away my age)... "I know nothing"(about Beemers), did not research the models and simply went after the cheapest ride I could find to enter the club. Not too shabby for $2500 off ebay.

But I quickly learned I chose a "shelter dog"...totally abandoned by aftermarket accessory manufacturers. Oh well, they say mutts make the best pets!

Does anyone know if an R1150R speedster flyshield will fit over my pre-facelift instrument cluster? This stock shield has got to go!
    Purveyor of fine wines & spirits
    Rides a 1996 R1100R

R1150GS Adv

The Bike in front of the bike shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wayne
    2005 1150GSA

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    / mod hat on /

It has come to the attention of the Moderators that this has turned into a general discussion thread. In reality, it's a "Post a picture of your oilhead" thread. Pictures...we like to see pictures of bikes...less words, please!!

Thanks...

/ mod hat off /
    The Oil Heads got in trouble... the Oil heads got in trouble.. Na na na na na.......

Here is a quick thread correct pic so I stay out of hot water

Quote Originally Posted by wineguyd View Post

This 1996 R1100R with 17k miles is my first Beemer(owned only Hondas). Like Sgt Schultz said(giving away my age)... "I know nothing"(about Beemers), did not research the models and simply went after the cheapest ride I could find to enter the club. Not too shabby for $2500 off ebay.

But I quickly learned I chose a "shelter dog"...totally abandoned by aftermarket accessory manufacturers. Oh well, they say mutts make the best pets!

Does anyone know if an R1150R speedster flyshield will fit over my pre-facelift instrument cluster? This stock shield has got to go!
    Not sure about the shield?...BUT! nice buy!..very nice! I'm thinking you'll come to like it.

There are aftermarket Items out there. Check Wunderlich for a start. Parabellum or Ztechnik might have a shield ya like?

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    Not sure about the shield?...BUT! nice buy!..very nice! I'm thinking you'll come to like it.

There are aftermarket Items out there. Check Wunderlich for a start. Parabellum or Ztechnik might have a shield ya like?
    Thanks! I find the shield doesn't do much...I get tremendous buffeting and noise at highway speeds so the only value is protecting me against any flying hard objects that might hit my chest, and I ride ATGATT so fairly well protected anyway. I just want something to keep the bug splatter of the instrument cluster.

None of the above mentioned etailers have flyshields that fit my bike.
    Purveyor of fine wines & spirits
    Rides a 1996 R1100R