Page 135 of 158 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2360

Thread: Post a picture of your oilhead

Quote Originally Posted by bluehole View Post
    Holy Moly! That is one super clean bike. Very nice.

Have I mentioned how much I dislike you S bike guys. Man, I am jealous. So when are you leaving? how long will it take you to get to Salem?

Edit: My bad. I see you are in Puget Sound. Looks like about 5 hours.
    Thanks, hope to meet up at the Rally!

Leaving home on the 17th, but riding a backwoods route east of Mt St Helen's and staying in Hood River that night. Rolling into Salem Friday morn...

So you riding the airhead or that RS thing?

Cheers!
    Bill Johnston

I just cannot make it. I do not have enough time available to do a ride that long. Honestly, I have never ridden that far. It would be a serious challenge for me. It would probably take me two weeks to do that run.

I feel bad because I a dumping BC1100S on you. Kind of fell like I am leaving you in the cage with a rabid possum. Look at the bright side, you two get to do the Rs to S conversion seminar together.

Not sure if some of the other S characters like terham, k75s, festus and bikerfish are heading that way.

Rad...don't know what to make of him. Probably hexheading his way there.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

I just remembered...

I will be in Salem...but on my KRS.
    terham
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

Salem

Not sure if some of the other S characters like terham, k75s, festus and bikerfish are heading that way.
    This "S character" will be there, however like you, I do not have enough time to ride round trip out there, so flying out with my wife. My wife is not big into riding, but likes live music performances so I expect we will be there at least for some of the music. Also hope to sign up for a test ride early one morning and maybe get in a technical session.

Otherwise, wine tours, Columbia River gorge drive, Oregon coast drive, whatever we can fit in.

Hope to meet some of you out there.

Looked at renting from MotoQuest in Portland (http://www.motoquest.com), but think I will just use the money to buy some farkles or gear at the rally.
    Then there is the possibility I may be riding home on my new K1300S Superstakes prize!
    2014 R1200 GSA, 92 K75s (never sell), 97 F650st (sold), 04 R1100s (now owned by a deer), and about 10 others

I wish I was going. Rad daughter #2 is home for only three weeks from grad school right now. She heads back to Durham NC that weekend. Kinda bad form for dear old dad to duck out on her.

Hey, Bluehole, how far are you from Duke? 150 or so miles? I may ride out for her graduation next May.

Flying to the rally. Why didn't I think of that? Not a bad idea. Might do that for the next west coast rally.

Rad, I am about 150-170 miles away from Durham. Let me know if you ride out and some time when you get a break in the graduation action I will buy you a Cheerwine.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

I just cannot make it. I do not have enough time available to do a ride that long. Honestly, I have never ridden that far. It would be a serious challenge for me. It would probably take me two weeks to do that run.

I feel bad because I a dumping BC1100S on you. Kind of fell like I am leaving you in the cage with a rabid possum. Look at the bright side, you two get to do the Rs to S conversion seminar together.

Darn! Now who am I going to harass...uh. I mean coerce...uh. I mean encourage, into purchasing me a frosty beverage? Or two?

But hey, I get it, totally. To get all the way to the East coast I'd probably have to hire someone haul my sorry old butt and bike!

Still, you will be missed...(sort of...)! OTOH, BC1100S and I can impugn your sterling reputation to our hearts content without interference. Assuming of course that you've not enlisted spies to continue your nefarious pursuits against we beleaguered S owners! We'll make up some good stories about the fabled RS to S conversion "process".

Cheers!
    Bill Johnston

Sorry to say, I won't be there. Had planned to fly, but alas, events have conspired to keep me here this year. I'll have to catch you all at the next one.IMG_0347.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by festes View Post
    Sorry to say, I won't be there. Had planned to fly, but alas, events have conspired to keep me here this year. I'll have to catch you all at the next one.IMG_0347.jpg

How in the world do you carry everything you need to camp, in just the system bags?

I mount a trunk when I travel,....and I motel-it!......

Heading out in the morning for the "Oregon Trail". Will be on my not-yet-completed RS to S conversion project bike. :-) Should arrive in Salem Thursday afternoon...NEXT Thursday afternoon. :-)

Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S

terham, what is all that stuff on/near your windshield? Looks like a clipboard.

Enjoy the trip. Check in along the way. We will enjoy tagging along.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    How in the world do you carry everything you need to camp, in just the system bags?

I mount a trunk when I travel,....and I motel-it!......

Yeah, I am one of those folks who consider 6 roughing it.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

terham, what is all that stuff on/near your windshield? Looks like a clipboard.

Enjoy the trip. Check in along the way. We will enjoy tagging along.
    I have a gadget bar with a GPS and camera mount but you're prolly asking about the laminar lip I have mounted and to that I taped a note reminding me to take my camelback. I've ridden off without it before and didn't want a repeat. I seem to have become more forgetful in my old age.
    Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S

It all makes sense now. I see the bar and I can actually read camelback.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

Quote Originally Posted by festes View Post
    Sorry to say, I won't be there. Had planned to fly, but alas, events have conspired to keep me here this year. I'll have to catch you all at the next one.
    I was really enjoying your "S" photos until I looked a little closer at the second one. Please be more careful next time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 R1200 GSA, 92 K75s (never sell), 97 F650st (sold), 04 R1100s (now owned by a deer), and about 10 others