Page 113 of 158 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2366

Thread: Post a picture of your oilhead

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Do you know how you can tell someone owned/owns a Ducati? They tell you
    Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    Dag!...your a year older than me.....my knees just won't take that fold for long at all anymore.
    Probably helps that I'm a bit ape like. Long torso/arms...short legs!
    Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post

My good buddy just picked up a multistrada and we rode out at Death valley a month ago; that was his line.......I thought it was pretty funny.

Probably helps that I'm a bit ape like. Long torso/arms...short legs!
    In the early years (20's) racing AFM with the likes of Steve Baker/ Kenny Roberts trying to keep up yielded numerous drops to only give way to bad knees and other aches at 60. The only good thing about riding my r1100rsl is that having a short torso long legs I can still ride comfortably without being too cramped on long journeys. I think it's still important for anyone to work out at any age but it's really most important to continue in later years if you're wanting to be active such as riding.

"I think it's still important for anyone to work out at any age but it's really most important to continue in later years if you're wanting to be active such as riding."

Not picking an argument with you but. It really doesn't work for everyone. I do some sort of regimented exercise most days of the week, but my hips & knees still hurt if I stay in one position for too long. Add cold weather?...it's worse. Now I will say that I may feel even worse if I did not exercise but??!!

This was discussed in another thread, and I truly believe it comes down to genetics.

"I think it's still important for anyone to work out at any age but it's really most important to continue in later years if you're wanting to be active such as riding."

Not picking an argument with you but. It really doesn't work for everyone. I do some sort of regimented exercise most days of the week, but my hips & knees still hurt if I stay in one position for too long. Add cold weather?...it's worse. Now I will say that I may feel even worse if I did not exercise but??!!

This was discussed in another thread, and I truly believe it comes down to genetics.
    I tend to agree with the comment about genetics. Aerobic exercise for me is very difficult with my heart condition. Some stretching/flexibility exercises are about all I can handle. Also find that the more I ride, the more my comfort level increases. Of course having ridden Ducati's for 10 years I learned to adapt myself to the machine. LOL

Bill Johnston

I tend to agree with the comment about genetics. Aerobic exercise for me is very difficult with my heart condition. Some stretching/flexibility exercises are about all I can handle. Also find that the more I ride, the more my comfort level increases. Of course having ridden Ducati's for 10 years I learned to adapt myself to the machine. LOL

Again, not arguing but I always thought aerobics was good for the heart ?

Again, not arguing but I always thought aerobics was good for the heart ?
    It is...but after nine heart surgeries I was left with a big patch of scar tissue on the left side of the ticker. Have constant angina, and very little capacity for aerobic types of activity. Bad genes in my family.

But hey, I'm still six feet over, and riding!
    Bill Johnston

It is...but after nine heart surgeries I was left with a big patch of scar tissue on the left side of the ticker. Have constant angina, and very little capacity for aerobic types of activity. Bad genes in my family.

But hey, I'm still six feet over, and riding!

I admire your spirit,& wish you well !

Thanks, I'm one of those rare one percenters that some docs talk about. It's all good!

Best wishes to you and yours...!
    Bill Johnston

My 2002 R1150 GS

Taconic Parkway North heading to ride in Massachusetts Oct 2012
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interesting. I am not familiar with the Taconic Parkway. I looked it up on the map and it appears to be sort of a four lane Blue Ridge Parkway. Nice setting. Must have been a beautiful ride.
    2000 R1100RS
    1972 R75/5

2008 r1200rt

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Breathe in the fresh air @ 12,547 feet......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dennis and Karin Trovato

Quote Originally Posted by bluehole View Post
    Interesting. I am not familiar with the Taconic Parkway. I looked it up on the map and it appears to be sort of a four lane Blue Ridge Parkway. Nice setting. Must have been a beautiful ride.
    really, it's not THAT nice. Better than the thruway. Prety much anything named Parkway in the northeast is a better ride option than Thruways or I-states.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

New Years Day 2013

image.jpg

First attempt loading a pic. May need to resize.