Page 101 of 156 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2334

Thread: Post a picture of your oilhead

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    Where the heck have YOU been? I was just going to post up another picture (and risk the wrath of Bluehole) to flush you out of the woodwork.

Sitting in the garage waiting for me to install new rear brakes, new rear tire, hyper-lites and tank bag.

The boat is currently in Charleviox, MI waiting for us to come back and sail in 10 days.

Adjusted the valves, need to do throttle body synch before heading off to the Dells Rally.

You are going to be there, aren't you?????

Still need a buyer for the Corbin seat so I can order a Kontour.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb122mp View Post
    Finally have a photo of me on the bike that I like.

Cheers,
    Nice
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Where the heck have YOU been? I was just going to post up another picture (and risk the wrath of Bluehole) to flush you out of the woodwork.
    Trip to Chicago and a family reunion in Iowa...left here on the 7th and got home today. 4537 miles later...it's good to be home!

Consider me flushed.

Cheers! B

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming!
    Bill Johnston

2004 R1150RS almost stock- before complete black out treatment, only windscreen, foot pegs and front turn signals.

After-smoke tinted Canadian windscreen, clear turn signals smoke tinted, black powder coat on foot pegs, rims, driveshaft housing, black painted forks, and final drive.

Richard
    2004 R1150RS
    1984 R80 G/S
    2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S

Quote Originally Posted by 04R1150RS View Post
    2004 R1150RS almost stock- before complete black out treatment, only windscreen, foot pegs and front turn signals.

After-smoke tinted Canadian windscreen, clear turn signals smoke tinted, black powder coat on foot pegs, rims, driveshaft housing, black painted forks, and final drive.
    That might be the nicest RS oilhead I've ever seen. Good work and thanks for posting the pics.
    Mark M, St. Louis, '95 R1100RS, '01 Super Sherpa
    There are two roads in life; the twisty one is vastly more fun.

Registered User ALIENHITCHHIKER's Avatar
    2004 R1150RS After-smoke tinted Canadian windscreen, clear turn signals smoke tinted, black powder coat on foot pegs, rims, driveshaft housing, black painted forks, and final drive.
    Bee-yute-aa-fill !!!

Nice job. That is a stunning bike!
    Steve
    Current Hottie: '00 R1100RT
    Old Flames: FY K100RT, '80 XS850 with Vetter Quicksilver, '67 Bonnie, '66 Honda 90

I still think that color combo on that bike is one of the prettiest BMW's ever made. Have to say though I prefer the silver wheels
    Ed Apelian
    When Life Throws You a Curve Lean into it!
    2002 BMW R1150GS - (sold) Replaced with '12 R1200GSA Magma Red!
    2006 R1200RT- Granite Gray

With two BMW's (K1100RS and the RRS) the silver rim paint just doesn't hold up well. It discolors easily and scratches. The silver strips off easily, but it's damned hard to remove the primer grey coat under the silver. On the KRS I stripped the wheels and had them polished, then promptly sold the bike and got he RRS.

I like the black wheels, really accents the disc brakes, and heads. Thought about doing the heads but like the silver as it shows up very well in contrast against the black motor and driveline. The black just looks right, the little bits of silver always looked wrong to me.

The '04 is the only year with the black motor, seemed a shame BMW didn't do the rest of the driveline. Plus I always hated the clear front turn signals. If you look close at the rear you'll notice the rear fender has been trimmed down too.

It's amazing how many people will stop in their tracks and watch this bike go by, kind of entertaining. Never fears that I'll get asked, "is that a factory color?"

If only it didn't have integrated brakes and a hydraulic clutch, then it'd be perfect.
    Richard
    2004 R1150RS
    1984 R80 G/S
    2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S

With two BMW's (K1100RS and the RRS) the silver rim paint just doesn't hold up well. It discolors easily and scratches. The silver strips off easily, but it's damned hard to remove the primer grey coat under the silver. On the KRS I stripped the wheels and had them polished, then promptly sold the bike and got he RRS.

I like the black wheels, really accents the disc brakes, and heads. Thought about doing the heads but like the silver as it shows up very well in contrast the black motor and driveline. The black just looks right, the little bits of silver always looked wrong to me.

The '04 is the only year with the black motor, seemed a shame BMW didn't do the rest of the driveline. Plus I always hated the clear front turn signals. If you look close at the rear you'll notice the rear fender has been trimmed down too.

It's amazing how many people will stop in their tracks and watch this bike go by, kind of entertaining. Never fears that I'll get asked, "is that a factory color?"

If only it didn't have integrated brakes and a hydraulic clutch, then it'd be perfect.
    BMW did make some pretty bikes and unique colors. Lately they do not seem to be as creative.

About the wheels ... guess like most thing motorcycles it is a matter of taste and that "beauty in the eye of the beholder thing"

I had a '97 RT and the silver wheels held up fine although in '97 they were uncoated and a bear to clean. But the silver wheels on my current '06 R1200RT look great and are holding up well too.

I am sure that RS gets lots of looks!
    Ed Apelian
    When Life Throws You a Curve Lean into it!
    2002 BMW R1150GS - (sold) Replaced with '12 R1200GSA Magma Red!
    2006 R1200RT- Granite Gray

[QUOTE=04R1150RS;811276]2004 R1150RS almost stock- before complete black out treatment, only windscreen, foot pegs and front turn signals.

Really cool RS treatment...very interesting!

Normally I'd post a picture in response of an R1100S, but I'd get a penalty flag.

Cheers!
    Bill Johnston

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    Normally I'd post a picture in response of an R1100S, but I'd get a penalty flag.
    Chicken...

Registered User ALIENHITCHHIKER's Avatar
    Hmmm....

My 2000 R1100RT has a cable pull clutch and non-linked brakes.

This is tough, but for you I'll do it: I'll trade you, even Steven! Shoot me a PM and we can finalize the swap.

Steve
    Current Hottie: '00 R1100RT
    Old Flames: FY K100RT, '80 XS850 with Vetter Quicksilver, '67 Bonnie, '66 Honda 90

Quote Originally Posted by ALIENHITCHHIKER View Post
    Hmmm....

My 2000 R1100RT has a cable pull clutch and non-linked brakes.

This is tough, but for you I'll do it: I'll trade you, even Steven! Shoot me a PM and we can finalize the swap.

sorry don't like RT's, guess you don't either
    Richard
    2004 R1150RS
    1984 R80 G/S
    2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S

Pssst...

The start of today's ride.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bill Johnston