Page 76 of 94 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1399

Thread: Post a Photo of your K-bike

Lucy and Ethel Come Home

Been awhile since I posted anything in the forum. Got too busy at work and let's just say the organization that I work for monitors internet usage and although some personal internet usage is OK, I abstain from it as much as possible. Just sayin'.

So to catch up, I had me an accident on 9/19/11 leaving work. Not totally sure what happened, but the side stand on me beloved 85 K100, ZoomZoom either came down or I failed to put it up. Nevertheless, she made a hard right hand U-turn just fine out of my parking spot. I felt something odd on my left peg, but didn't stop fast enough before a slight left curve. I locked up the brakes, but hit a guard rail dead on. Bent the forks and the front wheel, plus other damage. So after over 160K and many great rides, my K was totalled. I shattered my clavicle and ended up with a plate holding it together. Both my doctor and Mrs. Godzilla banned me from riding (still have my /5) until I healed up.

Even on the way down to surgery on the 22nd, I was looking for a replacement K!

I found a nice 86 K100RT and bought that. I had to trailer it from the guy I bought it from and took her straight to Wilbur to get a few things fixed and to have the trailer hitch put on. We also trailered poor old ZoomZoom, the Donor bike up there so Wilbur could get my Russell seat switched. Glad I did that. Hard to beleive there are alot of differences between the 85 and 86 models, so to make the Russell fit, parts were needed from the 85.

I healed up enough that I am allowed short rides, just can't over do it yet.

So this past Friday Mrs. Godzilla and I went to retrieve the bikes and Ethel, the Wee Bike Trailer. Mrs. Godzilla drove Whole Lotta Rosie (my Dodge Ram), pulling Lester, the Big Trailer. We strapped Poor Old ZoomZoom, the Donor Bike on Lester and I rode the new 86 pulling Ethel. This was my first ride, so she hadn't told me her name yet. I wanted to call her Annie, but truthfully the first name to pop in my head was Lucy.

It wasn't until I got home and took a picture when I realized Lucy was her name, especially since she was hooked up to Ethel. Lucy and Ethel. I think I am funny anyway. Sorry!

So this picture is Lecy and Ethel, with Rosie and Lester in the background and Poor Old ZoomZoom on Lester. Family portrait almost. Should have wheeled Zippy, the /5 out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Godzilla!
    '85 K100 "ZoomZoomZoom"
    '71 R75/5 "Zippy"

Found this picture of my K100RT. 3 winters ago. I had the bike for the summer and couldn't resist taking it apart and seeing '' what it was all about". Did a total repaint of all the tupperware, stripped it to bare plastic and started fresh!'

bmw rebuild.jpg
    Mike Davis
    "Old n Slow" It's a way of life!
    1985 K100RT

1998 R1100RT

Quote Originally Posted by crapdealerbob View Post
    The same entrance - 16 years ago, when I took my future bride (Donna) on her first ride, we and the bike have changed just a little since then...1995 - using (gasp) film in my Nikon FE 2, hot leather jackets, and old full face Bell & Arai helmets. Still using my Eclipse tank bag.
    I have to say that is pretty awesome
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

Frustrated Slacker

My First BMW

My first BMW and my first decent touring bike. Commuted for several years and took a few mid to long trips. Thats the Tacoma Narrows in the background.

1985 k100rs

I bought this '85 K100RS last summer. It had been in the hands of someone who really didn't need a competent tourer; he needed a small scooter. Consequently, it sat a lot.
    After I took her over I tried to catch up with the maintenance, replaced some minor broken bits and then I added some upgrades: headlight relay, bar-end weights, after market saddle, heated grips, HD cables for the earth and starter and a rear suspension unit. She now runs absolutely great!

"Sonic" isn't my first BMW, but my first trip to the "dark side." So far, I'm amazed at how smooth the I-4 is. Not sure if my license will survive!

Chaz
    The skill of effective coaching lies in asking the right questions.
    2002 K1200RS "Sonic" 1979 R65 "Hans"

Quote Originally Posted by walt3022 View Post
    I bought this '85 K100RS last summer. It had been in the hands of someone who really didn't need a competent tourer; he needed a small scooter. Consequently, it sat a lot.
    After I took her over I tried to catch up with the maintenance, replaced some minor broken bits and then I added some upgrades: headlight relay, bar-end weights, after market saddle, heated grips, HD cables for the earth and starter and a rear suspension unit. She now runs absolutely great!
    That's one nice looking KRS. It won some Japanese design back in the day.

1985 k100rs

Thanks! I think I'm very lucky to have found the bike. Vibes are what put me off this model way back when they were introduced. This one is surprisingly smooth. I think it's a pretty bike too. There's an understated style that stands in stark contrast to many of the other, more recent, BMW models. She's a keeper!

Last ride of the year! It was kinda chilly! And yes, she is a 'waver'! She waves at everybody and everything.
    Mike Davis
    "Old n Slow" It's a way of life!
    1985 K100RT

1998 R1100RT

An oldy, but goody....

Mike M
    2014 GSA
    MOA# 86571

DIL
    In the middle of extensive engine and driveline work, hence partially apart. Took her around the block before Seattle's mega blizzard today.

RS MotoBrick

Quote Originally Posted by owrstrich View Post
    Beauty! Is that a '95 or '96?
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

RS MotoBrick
    greetings gregfeeler...

that be a 1996 k1100 rs.... the worlds most elegant 2 up motomachine and 1 up beartooth slayer...

back home again...

j o
    Last edited by owrstrich; 02-03-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by owrstrich View Post
    greetings gregfeeler...

that be a 1996 k1100 rs.... the worlds most elegant 2 up motomachine and 1 up beartooth slayer...
    The Beartooth is a great piece of highway IMHO - one of the best I've ever ridden. Been over it on a variety of K-bikes and it's always a thrill!
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS