Page 59 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a Photo of your K-bike

lrome52
    [QUOTE=tonycarlos;566834]
    Quote Originally Posted by scottiesharpe View Post
    Larry,

How are you metering air with those horns?

Thanks,

Scottie
    San Jose CA

I don't know if Larry ever answered you or not, so I'll butt in. On all 4-valve bikes, including the K1, the air isn't measured as on the earlier Ks. The old ones used a version of L (luft!) Jetronic which had a flapper to measure air flow. The newer bikes used Motronic, which did away with that. The computer was programed to know how much air the engine would be breathing at any given RPM and throttle setting, and it metered the right amount of fuel for that amount of air.
    Tonycarlos is right Scottie. Metering is managed by the Motronic and instead of an air flow meter, the 1100/1200 brick motors use an air temp sensor. I am managing the fuel injection with a programmable injection computer from Dynojet. The Dynojet FI harness is grafted into the OEM loom. I can adjust A/F ratio and the system is closed loop. It is possible to run open loop and map the entire FI manually but for now the closed loop system is fine. The engine idles well and has immediate throttle response, and pulls like a frieght train. A/F is set @ 13.8:1

I will have several bikes, including this one at the Redmond rally this year, if all goes according to plan...

....Larry

lrome52
    Quote Originally Posted by nh7robmw View Post
    I never get tired of looking at Larry's exquisite Kreations...but just imagine the same bike in a super-gloss black or dark metallic blue....hmmmmm
    I can dig it!

Larry

[QUOTE=lrome48;566887]
    Quote Originally Posted by tonycarlos View Post

Tonycarlos is right Scottie. Metering is managed by the Motronic and instead of an air flow meter, the 1100/1200 brick motors use an air temp sensor. I am managing the fuel injection with a programmable injection computer from Dynojet. The Dynojet FI harness is grafted into the OEM loom. I can adjust A/F ratio and the system is closed loop. It is possible to run open loop and map the entire FI manually but for now the closed loop system is fine. The engine idles well and has immediate throttle response, and pulls like a frieght train. A/F is set @ 13.8:1

I will have several bikes, including this one at the Redmond rally this year, if all goes according to plan...

....Larry

Cool. Good to know. Thanks guys.

The Dearly Departed

Stepped on my thing at a track day in France, lost the front end. Was going to be just a scratched up bike until the sucker caught and edge and was launched up in the air. Would have lived had it landed on the gravel trap, instead it landed on the pavement. Did great out of the insurance, thus I bought its twin here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2003 k1200rs

Love this bike. Smooth and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by skychs View Post
    Love this bike. Smooth and powerful.
    Yes they are.....
    Nik #140220 - '88 K75C | '96 R1100RS | '77 R100RS | '06 DL650
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Helmets don't save lives but loud pipes do?

JJOHNSON150489

My new to me 03 K1200RS

Just a month under my care. Received new title this week. I love this bike!

BT
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonj84 View Post
    Just a month under my care. Received new title this week. I love this bike!
    NICE! I got the same one. Just got back from just over a 1,000 mile ride Best bike I've ever had! Enjoy!

JJOHNSON150489
    Quote Originally Posted by BT View Post
    NICE! I got the same one. Just got back from just over a 1,000 mile ride Best bike I've ever had! Enjoy!
    I will. Still have the 94 R1100RS sitting in the garage. Just couldn't get used to the twin. Always had 4 cylinders. Working on GPS and radar mount now.

BT
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonj84 View Post
    I will. Still have the 94 R1100RS sitting in the garage. Just couldn't get used to the twin. Always had 4 cylinders. Working on GPS and radar mount now.
    Oh ya. Know how that goes

Here are my two US bikes..... must admit that ole yeller is my true love, don't need anything else. The K1 is nice and cool but once you ride the K1200RS, it fades away....

Jerrys
    Would sure like to see moore K1 Action

My 2004 K1200RS
    J?rgen
    Red Rocks
    04 R1150GS adv
    04 K1200RS last of the great bricks

Mike Jordan
    There's a lot of K75's out there. Here's my '94 RT.

Hey JasonJ, that appears to be an aftermarket shield you're running. What is it and how well does it work? It looks real nice on the bike!

Bob
    04 K1200GT