Page 58 of 94 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a Photo of your K-bike

Quote Originally Posted by slatanik View Post
    ....Just bought it a week ago...goes like a dream!
    Slatanik - that GIVI case you have, are you running with the GIVI support arms and mounting plate or is that a different set up?
    "During Prohibition I survived on nothing but food and water." - W.C. Fields

Here is my GT in da woods!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mark

VIN #3570, '92 K75S. Low seat was added before I bought it with 14K miles on it. It now has 30K and is pretty much a garage queen until my '08 F800ST warranty expires. I keep putting money into it even though she is sittin'. Installed a Works short shock last summer and planning to upgrade the fork springs this summer. Would like a more comfortable seat. (Looking for advice on seat mfg'ers and fork work.) The hazard switch is the only thing that doesn't work. Great bike! I plan to never sell her. Dave in Cedar Falls, IA

Nice rides y'all!!

Been going through this thread starting at the very beginning. Not quite done (am on page 43) but I must say......you guys sure have got some nifty scooters here!! Once I have seen them all I will post picturs of my babies.....and the dearly departed also...
    Cheers
    Andres

beamster
    Here is my 1988 BMW K75C, with 26K Miles

3 Red Bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by rx35285 View Post
    VIN #3570, '92 K75S. Low seat was added before I bought it with 14K miles on it. It now has 30K and is pretty much a garage queen until my '08 F800ST warranty expires. I keep putting money into it even though she is sittin'. Installed a Works short shock last summer and planning to upgrade the fork springs this summer. Would like a more comfortable seat. (Looking for advice on seat mfg'ers and fork work.) The hazard switch is the only thing that doesn't work. Great bike! I plan to never sell her. Dave in Cedar Falls, IA

I LOVE RED Ss!!!!

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

sacradiliac

1985 k100rt

I really like that.

Well done!

1991 k100rs

The only way to travel

Type of Seat?

Quote Originally Posted by kobukan View Post
    Nice.
    Looks a lot like my 1986 K75T, #130950, 50k miles.
    Attachment 22089
    What kind of seat is on your bike?
    92 K75s (never sell), 97 F650st (sold), 04 R1100s (now owned by a deer), and about 10 others

Talking

Larry,

How are you metering air with those horns?

Thanks,

Scottie
    San Jose CA

My French Rescue Project @ the Nurburgring this past Weekend

This bike sat outside abandoned for five years. it was all complete but did not run. I bought it for 500Ôé¼ and have used a lot of elbow grease, some money and great advise from this forum to get it to where it is reliable. it runs like a banshee and best of all, I get to use it some twelve times this year as I race cars at the Ring and will go back and forth! SAVES a LOT on car rentals and parking at the airprt is FREE!! Note the poor man's mod on the windscreen. My view is no longer interrupted and I get full air in my face which I like. For my next visit I hope to bring along a larger Top case which I bought through here, I am also looking to buy a shock and a seat (cheap!!, looking for nothing but cheap!!). I need to re do the fork seals and change their oil. Tough to do long distance but I will try. Of course on this past trip I FORGOT THE BLOODY KEYS. Good thing the cases were not locked, so I hot wired it and later did have to trash the lock on the gas cap. Need to sort that out on my next trip over which is the 8 of April. Oh, and I did a lap of the Norshleiff (sic?) with it
    Next I will upload pics of my K1200RS and my K1. They live in Ohio....
    the race at the Ring was on a bimmer of the four legged variety, E36, 318iS, started 164 of 173 and finished 100th. Four hour race I drove the last two. Fifth in class which was also last in class....get them next time!
    Cheers
    Andres

One of My Classic Ks

Gotta love the look of those classic K100s. IMO, the best looking, easiest to own bikes in BMW's recent history.

[QUOTE=scottiesharpe;565915]Larry,

How are you metering air with those horns?

Thanks,

Scottie
    San Jose CA

I don't know if Larry ever answered you or not, so I'll butt in. On all 4-valve bikes, including the K1, the air isn't measured as on the earlier Ks. The old ones used a version of L (luft!) Jetronic which had a flapper to measure air flow. The newer bikes used Motronic, which did away with that. The computer was programed to know how much air the engine would be breathing at any given RPM and throttle setting, and it metered the right amount of fuel for that amount of air.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ALIENHITCHHIKER View Post
    Larry, that is just incredible !!!

The finest hot rod K I have ever lain eyes on. I hope I get a chance to see it in the 'flesh' some day.
    I never get tired of looking at Larry's exquisite Kreations...but just imagine the same bike in a super-gloss black or dark metallic blue....hmmmmm
    ---Jeff

ex: K75S Berlina R100GS/PD , K100RS , R75/5 , R60/2