Page 43 of 92 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 1367

Thread: Post a Photo of your K-bike

  1. #631
    Registered User oilhead110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    57

  2. #632
    Registered User ian408's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,095
    Nicely done!

    Quote Originally Posted by oilhead110 View Post
    FInally finished a restoration of my old 1991 K100RS.


    Before:



    After:




  3. #633
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Benton, AR
    Posts
    1,195
    Fantastic job. I know what was involved. A lot of hard work.

    Ralph Sims

  4. #634
    This Space for Rent MTSweger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    C'ville
    Posts
    178

    Thumbs up Nice Work!

    Quote Originally Posted by oilhead110 View Post
    FInally finished a restoration of my old 1991 K100RS.
    Excellent! Always nice to see a "new" Klassic K bike.

    Long may your brick fly...

    -MTS
    Mike Sweger
    Charlottesville, Virginia | 2004 K1200GT "Zw?Âlfziegel"
    "Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought." ~ Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

  5. #635
    Lifetime Member Ridealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Salem Or.
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    Can't believe it took 24 hours for that reply...
    With the average age of the Duffers on here I can't believe they even noticed.
    Tom
    Salem Or.
    '93 K1100LT w/Bushtec
    '03 F650CS '09 F650GS

  6. #636
    Registered User thompsonr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Topeka Kansas
    Posts
    390

    Oh ya

    Quote Originally Posted by Ridealot View Post
    With the average age of the Duffers on here I can't believe they even noticed.
    At least we are not afraid to post our age and dont think we didnt notice just kinda had to type with slobber all over the keys.
    R and R

  7. #637
    Route 66 Missouri gstom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Joplin, Missouri
    Posts
    694

    What color is that?

    My "88 K100LT UGLY Brown is now taken apart for painting. I am prepping the "many" parts to be re-sprayed. That red you painted yours is very close to what I had in mind for mine. What paint color is that if you don't mind me asking?

  8. #638
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,215
    Man, that's some beautiful work! Good on you! I think the 4-valve K100's are special because they are such a unique variation.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  9. #639
    Registered User oilhead110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    57

    Talking PAint Code

    Quote Originally Posted by GSTom View Post
    My "88 K100LT UGLY Brown is now taken apart for painting. I am prepping the "many" parts to be re-sprayed. That red you painted yours is very close to what I had in mind for mine. What paint color is that if you don't mind me asking?

    The paint code is "PRH" it's a Chrystler color. I believe it's called Inferno red, cryatal pearl metallic. Looks like plain red until the sunlight hits it then it has a brilliant metallic sheen. It's also colorfast.

    Dale

  10. #640
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Laurel, MD
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by oilhead110 View Post
    The paint code is "PRH" it's a Chrystler color. I believe it's called Inferno red, cryatal pearl metallic. Looks like plain red until the sunlight hits it then it has a brilliant metallic sheen. It's also colorfast.

    Dale
    Does repainting them affect the value at all?

  11. #641
    Registered User staciebug2923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spokane, Wa
    Posts
    44

    Talking Gorgeous!

    I love it, I wish my old K looked that nice, it will probably get painted this summer. (I dropped it.....)

  12. #642
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marion,Ar.
    Posts
    4,572
    K100s are on the top heavy side. I know I ride a K100RT. A set of case savers, crash bars, can help keep the bike from sustaining a lot of damage in walking speed tipovers. Much easier to sand and paint black bars than painted rear view mirrors,fairing pieces, etc.. Also much easier to pick up bike laying on the case savers and not the bike itself. In a real crash, case savers are going to get destroyed, just talking about walking the bike speed tip over here.

  13. #643
    RK Ryder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    K100s are on the top heavy side. I know I ride a K100RT. A set of case savers, crash bars, can help keep the bike from sustaining a lot of damage in walking speed tipovers. Much easier to sand and paint black bars than painted rear view mirrors,fairing pieces, etc.. Also much easier to pick up bike laying on the case savers and not the bike itself. In a real crash, case savers are going to get destroyed, just talking about walking the bike speed tip over here.
    Barry, when you refer to case savers, are you referring to the cases or are there some rear panniers' crash bars available like HD and GW have?
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

  14. #644
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marion,Ar.
    Posts
    4,572
    Engine case savers. Bars that go around the engine. I think BMW built rear safety bars for the police K bikes. Those were a little wider than the smaller police style saddlebags. I don't think BMW built wider safety bars that would protect the BMW regular size intragal bags.

  15. #645
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    36

    thanks lee

    thanks lee for the awesome pics,i was surprised to see someone else from iowa
    rus e.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •