Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1396

Thread: Post a Photo of your K-bike

Quote Originally Posted by Slipster View Post
    Such a strong response to a given color seems to have a physiological order attached. There is a Munsell color test on line you can take to check for color blindness in any given hue
    Good comeback.
    Well, I took the test and my score was 14. I blame my Dell monitor for not getting a perfect score. It is my understanding that the lower your score is, the better. It was fun to take. The things that keep simple minds busy. I did take note that the color Dakar Yellow was not on the test. Why is that?

You may be right about a physiological order being attached to my color passions. With that in mind, I am secure enough with my ownership of a basic K75 that I do not try to make a fashion statement with a bike who's color is close to baby puke.

I guess your Dakar Yellow is a safer color than my Arctic Silver if you ride in the fog, but your bike has a yellow underbelly.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

3 Red Bricks
    Alright boys and girls, enough about whose bike's color is the best.

This section is for PICTURES of your bikes.

Let's play nice.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Quote Originally Posted by Slipster View Post
    Nice job Zag. Do you have any glare hassles coming off the tank on a sunny day? Glint though would be good to be seen by cagers which is why I like high contrast colors on bikes.
    Thanks, Slipster. I get a lot of people asking the same question about glare but actually it's not the slightest problem as far as the tank is concerned---I actually have a lot more trouble with reflections coming off the instrument cluster (flat glass) or the rear view mirrors around sundown.

I often use a Multivario on top of the tank but even when it's bare it doesn't affect me, thank goodness!

Those pix I posted earlier were not the latest iteration and I need to take some new photos of my auxiliary lights which I just reworked when I was replacing the fuel lines.

In keeping in line with the posting guidelines I will post a couple of shots of my old mounting system and will try to post pix of the new changes later this week when I get a chance. Like you, I believe in maximum conspicuity wherever possible.

The changes I made not only include putting heat shrink on all the wires but the Hella FF50s are not mounted underneath the fairing anymore. Too much weight for the fairing so I decided to cut the light bar in half and mount each light on each side of the foreward engine-to-frame bolts. Now my really bright "triangle of light is a much bigger triangle and I feel like I'm riding with flamethrowers!

Will post photos of these changes ASAP but with my work schedule this week that might mean Wednesday or later.
    ---Jeff

ex: K75S Berlina R100GS/PD , K100RS , R75/5 , R60/2

picked this up yesterday. 6900 0ne owner miles.

looks RED!. And toasty warm.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

3 Red Bricks
    WOW! Nice! Who made the bodywork kit?

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Quote Originally Posted by DOINTHETON View Post

BOOM!

I was just looking at this bike on ADVrider- someone posted the pic saying the bike was F/S on his local CL.
    At first look, I thought it was a K1, but on second look, I see it's just a full-on body job on a regular K(100?). Is that a Hannigan Fairing + body work there?
    It is REALLY interesting. I'm guessing that you (we) will never see another one like it.
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

Above is a recent pic of my K1200RS. I had a magical ride up a couple hundred miles worth of the BRP & Skyline Drive, without one single vehicle ahead of me, on Sunday/Monday, November 17 & 18. Got on at Roanoke, and rode the whole way up to Front Royal- with an overnight at Luray. Not saying I didn't see any other vehicles, but no one got in front of me!

Here is my 88 K100, which has been sitting under a cover, with a battery tender hooked to it, awaiting its new owner... who certainly MUST be out there somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by DOINTHETON View Post

What a sharp machine! Finding a K100 with only 6900 miles, what are the chances?

I also like the Paris Dakar in the background
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post
    What a sharp machine! Finding a K100 with only 6900 miles, what are the chances?

I also like the Paris Dakar in the background
    if you look close at the pd, you'll see the front end damage. bought that way. the original owner of both these bikes was stricken and expired while riding the pd on a trip through canada. his family had the bike shipped back to the u.s. the customs inspection sticker is still on the remains of the front fairing.

i bought it as a package deal with the k100rs. only has 19,000 miles on it and can definitely be put back on the road. think it would be a fitting tribute to a man who obviously loved bmw"s.
    there is also a 90,000 mile k100rt for sale that i did not take. clean bike, russ meyer seat, targa fairing cover, radar detector and gauges (circa 1985). no title on it or any of these bikes. the owner was a car dealer in st louis and went to germany and personally purchased them. only paper are the bmw certificates of origin. he rode them on dealer plates. the rt could probably be had for around $500.00.
    if anyone is interested let me know and i'll forward the sellers phone#.

To answer the question about the fairing it is a Pichler. Link below is someone's video of their similar bike.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYq2V...e_gdata_player

Quote Originally Posted by 41077 View Post
    To answer the question about the fairing it is a Pichler. Link below is someone's video of their similar bike.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYq2V...e_gdata_player
    Thanks for that.

RS MotoBrick
    800 miles slabb... 800 miles of rain...

j o

85 RS BlueBoy

Fresh out of the garage after 9 months of total rebuild. All rubber, seals, bearings (not internal engine), cosmic blue paint, powdercoat frame, SS brake lines, all cables, clutch, all hoses & clamps, clear windshield, head gasket, and a million stainless nuts & bolts. Afraid to add it all up. Side covers and lower fairing will go on following test ride and tweaking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

Man, that is one GORGEOUS K100 you've built there! I imagine it actually looks better than new with all those stainless nuts and bolts, too.

Five stars in my opinion!
    ---Jeff

ex: K75S Berlina R100GS/PD , K100RS , R75/5 , R60/2