Page 53 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a Photo of your K-bike

Here's my '94 K75S a couple of days after buying it in Roanoke, VA this July. The picture was taken during my detour to the Tail of Dragon before heading home to Nova Scotia via the gorgeous Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive.

Marilyn Wright
    '94 K75S - Buttercup, '88 K75S - The Anti-Christ

Sweet ride Marilyn ... Welcome and enjoy
    R and R

Thumbs up Yellow K75S

Quote Originally Posted by 128465 View Post
    Here's my '94 K75S a couple of days after buying it in Roanoke, VA this July. The picture was taken during my detour to the Tail of Dragon before heading home to Nova Scotia via the gorgeous Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive.
    That's a nice looking K-bike. Yellow and black color scheme looks good on the K75S.

What kind of seat is that? Doesn't look stock, but difficult to tell from the angle of the photo.

Fun ride back up to N.S., I'll bet.

-MTS
    Mike Sweger
    Charlottesville, Virginia | 2004 K1200GT "Zw?Âlfziegel"
    "Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought." ~ Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

That seat is called the Solo Seat and it sits lower than the stock ones for those of us vertically challenged....not as low as a 'low' seat but very close and without having to chop the under-seat tool box out and remove the side panels! Like a lot of BMW stock seats it's not overly comfy but a sheepskin pad and/or bicycle shorts help.
    That July trip back was so great I had to do it again ..... just got back on Friday from a 4700 mile trip to MO, KY, TN, VA etc, etc. The fall colors were awesome and so was the trip even if the weather didn't really cooperate much!

Marilyn Wright
    '94 K75S - Buttercup, '88 K75S - The Anti-Christ

My K Bikes

Here are my K bikes. I bought the '94 LT last summer out of Florida with 23K on it and rode it home 1300 miles. It now has over 36K on it. I just bought the '96 RS about 3 weeks ago with only 25K. What can I say, I am hooked.
    Doug
    '04 R1150GSA, '96 K1100RS SE, '94 K1100LT, '84 Honda VF700 Interceptor

My K Bike

Unfortunately just sold it (to make room for a new one!
    Attached Images Attached Images

angysdad

Airhead to K Dude

After 19yrs riding airheads, I sold my GS/PD to become a K Dude . A 1985 K100/EML sidecar rig is now in the shed. I love my new (to me) rig. It has all the sidecar modifications I wanted and it handles like a dream.

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/a...ad/BMW1985.jpg

justmike

My (4th) K-Bike

My current K-bike, a 2001 K1200RS

And it's stable-mate, my 2000 Guzzi V11

To be honest, neither of them stand up to my old K75 - I wish I still had her!

On the Road

My 1987 K75

Goldstar Park in downtown Wetumpka, AL

Nice T

Quote Originally Posted by brianhinton View Post
    Goldstar Park in downtown Wetumpka, AL
    That my friend is a K75T circa 1986 not just a K75.
    The T model has never gotten it's due imho. I've owned 3 (still have 2)

Crow18
    Quote Originally Posted by 41077 View Post
    That my friend is a K75T circa 1986 not just a K75.
    The T model has never gotten it's due imho. I've owned 3 (still have 2)
    You didn't, by any chance, sell the other one to a guy with wings tattooed on his head, did you?

Nope

No, sadly I wadded the first one up with 90+ K on the clock. Completely my fault ( young dumb and invincible) 45 mph decreasing radius curve at 80 mph with a worn rear tire and a shock that needed to be replaced. Long story. The Instrument cluster and license plate along with the custom painted side cover now live in a shadow box to remind me how quickly things can go bad.

The RTP Twins

A year or so ago I bought a '95 K75RTP from Engle Motors in Kansas City, which had come from the Lawrence, Kansas police department. This week, Phil Marvin rode over from El Paso on his K75RTP which he bought from a gentleman in Missouri who said it had come from a department somewhere in Kansas.

Wondering ... I asked Phil what his VIN was. He went out and looked. Well, they are close kin with adjacent serial numbers - last 7: 6229744 and 6229745.

Phil has the "old" bike, built one earlier than mine. Mine is on the left; Phil's is on the right. Both had mileage in the low teens when we got them.

NOTE: I think Lawrence had 3 or 4 of these. If you have one of the other one or two I'd like to know.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Are the saddlebags stock to the RTP? Anything different inside the bags, such as dividers or clips?
    Which rear compartment is stock, I am guessing the other guys (mainly looking at the black platform on the top of yours, also what about the mulitple colored reflectors (or lights?) on the back of yours. Just curious if the differences were after the PD sold them or not.
    Gilly
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606