Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1392

Thread: Post a Photo of your K-bike

Thumbs up

Yeah, that is one sharp bike. Love the blue paint.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

85 RS BlueBoy

Quote Originally Posted by jeffeaby View Post
    Fresh out of the garage after 9 months of total rebuild. All rubber, seals, bearings (not internal engine), cosmic blue paint, powdercoat frame, SS brake lines, all cables, clutch, all hoses & clamps, clear windshield, head gasket, and a million stainless nuts & bolts. Afraid to add it all up. Side covers and lower fairing will go on following test ride and tweaking.
    More pics please!
    Last edited by k75s; 12-05-2012 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Correct Title
    92 K75s (never sell), 97 F650st (sold), 04 R1100s (now owned by a deer), and about 10 others

Smile In my opinion...

While only the last photo of the group seems to show up it's still enough to drool over.

Your bike made me realize something that hadn't really hit me until now; the K100RS was the most well-designed bike since BMW switched over from the R-series to K-series (in my not-so-humble opinion). All the bulbuous, overblown, larger displacement models that have come along since then cannot hold a candle to the K100RS' sleek elegance.

I never get tired of looking at RS's such as your stellar example. As much as I love my K75S I still wish I had my FYK!

Btw, I also like the look of your bike without the battery covers although I realize that may not be intentional (perhaps the new paint is still curing?). If you do leave them off I might suggest camouflaging the FI computer with some flat black paint or similar so it isn't so noticeable.

As we all know, the RS was a bit buzzy at certain RPMs so that's another good call you made on leaving the muffler heat shield off, too. Mine vibrated and buzzed and I finally took mine off, too. That stainless muffler will turn brown over time but a periodic application of Simichrome metal polish will keep it nice and new-looking, too.

One other detail I might add is a front fork brace if you can find one. I think CC Products/San Jose BMW made them (and may still AFAIK)---it really aided the bike's high-speed stability as well as on rough roads. You will notice the difference if you can round one up.

At any rate, you have a winner there that must really make you proud!
    ---Jeff

ex: K75S Berlina R100GS/PD , K100RS , R75/5 , R60/2

when I look at the forum on my computer, I see all four. the attachment process is a black art...

appears that only the last picture shows up on the forum...have do with one at a time till I figure this out.

when I look at the forum on my computer, I see all four. the attachment process is a black art...

appears that only the last picture shows up on the forum...have do with one at a time till I figure this out.
    Use an on-line photo hosting site, makes multiple photo submissions in one post very easy.
    i use photobucket.com
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

85 RS BlueBoy

Fresh out of the garage after 9 months of total rebuild. All rubber, seals, bearings (not internal engine), cosmic blue paint, powdercoat frame, SS brake lines, all cables, clutch, all hoses & clamps, clear windshield, head gasket, and a million stainless nuts & bolts. Afraid to add it all up. Side covers and lower fairing will go on following test ride and tweaking.
    Who painted your tank and plastic parts? I am removing these parts from my K75S and putting into boxes to ship as we speak!
    92 K75s (never sell), 97 F650st (sold), 04 R1100s (now owned by a deer), and about 10 others

K100rs

Quote Originally Posted by Zagando View Post
    Your bike made me realize something that hadn't really hit me until now; the K100RS was the most well-designed bike since BMW switched over from the R-series to K-series (in my not-so-humble opinion). All the bulbuous, overblown, larger displacement models that have come along since then cannot hold a candle to the K100RS' sleek elegance.

I never get tired of looking at RS's such as your stellar example.
    Amen, Amen, you speak the word!!!

I assume a gem of a K1100RS like this one would qualify also. (not mine, but I wish)
    Attached Images Attached Images

cleaned up the 85 a saturday before the cold front came in. the bodywork was covered with a rough gritty dust/dirt, etc film from years of sitting. about three hours of hand polishing with a light rubbing compound got it off. have a new set of bt45's getting mounted this week and some overdue service.

A very cool and unique ride !!!!
    Expect The Unexpected

2001 Oragon national rally.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MT helmet
    [COLOR=Red]NO ONE ELSE ADMITS IT[FONT=Courier New]

Quote Originally Posted by Slipster View Post
    A very cool and unique ride !!!!
    unique?, yes. cool? i doubt that very much.
    i had a similar Pichler (main fairing only) on my K75, and it was quite the oven. i dare imagine what that K100 creates for heat.

Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Lot of amazing bike.. here`s mine..
    Bike2.jpg

Talking

Nice bike there but next time try not to photograph it right next to the matching trash bin, OK?
    ---Jeff

ex: K75S Berlina R100GS/PD , K100RS , R75/5 , R60/2

Thanks.. yup.. not much of a photographer for sure.. but I love my K...and my wife.. in case your looking hun