Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1392

Thread: Post a Photo of your K-bike

Quote Originally Posted by rut3556 View Post
    >>I purchased this new in October 1984 and has 287,000 miles.<<

Now that's impressive! Has the motor been apart during that time?
    At 210,000 miles I had a fresh engine built for it. I had been shopping new bikes and decided nothing did anything that much better than the Blue Bovine here, so I made a choice to rebuild what I had. The guy who did the work built and tested the prototypes of the original K bike when he worked in Research at BMW. I bought several low mile used engines and cherry picked the best parts, particularly the block, for the rebuild. This is when we did the detailed head work including port matching , combustion chambers all volume matched, knife edged valve guide bosses, cleaned up the ports, five angle valve seat grind and balanced the piston and rod combos to under 0.1 gram total variation. It's been together 77,000 miles.
    Last year I was chasing a drivability problem that turned out to be a fuel pressure regulator going south. But, before I identified the problem ran a leak down test on the engine. Leakdown was 0% on two cylinders and 2% on the other two. Not a sexy bike but eminently useful.
    Last year we put a Paralever drive line on it. We swapped the guts from the existing gearbox into a new housing. Nothing was worn. Right now it's apart for a clutch and worn input shaft. It took that long to finally do in the infamous input shaft splines. We found two rough bearings and the splines on the clutch plate worn. The original clutch pressure plates remain basically like new and will be reused. We are going to use a K-1100 clutch diaphragm spring this time since the bike now has the tall K-1100RS gearing. Don't abuse the clutch and learn to shift smoothly matching revs up and down and things last a long time. I don't baby the bike necessarily, as the grinders on the right leg of the center stand and both foot peg ends will attest to. You can ride these things very rapidly, just be gentle starting and shifting and they last a very long time.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

1994 k75s

Stopped at Waylan's KuKu on Route66 in Miami, OK. Best Portabello Mushroom Sandwiches anywhere not to mention the Onion Rings!!! I filled up first then put No Ethanol in the K and headed down the mother road back to Tulsa.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Red Bricks
    I just love those yellow Ss!

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Very nice.
    Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S

Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    I just love those yellow Ss!

Yep.

More bricks

Here is a pick of my first brick, and first beemer, a "Finest" K100

She is out on "loan" to a good friend. I had to save him from the hell he was going through with his '73 sportster (shown in the rear)

This is "Gabriele". '02 LT-C

I have had her for about a month and a half. I have just been "around town" with her, although "around town" is a much larger area since she has arrived. I hope to get out on the open road soon.
    Last edited by der verge; 07-01-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 42906 View Post
    I purchased this new in October 1984 and has 287,000 miles. This was taken in early March of last year when I brought it home from my BMW tech friend's shop after we installed a Paralever driveline on it. I had Works Performance lengthen the shock that was on the bike when it was still a Monolever bike. The front calipers are from a Ducati 851 attached to the fork with brackets made by a local machinest. The same tech built an engine for it in 2004. It has K-1100 throttle bodies in the original K-100 TB rack (preserves the light original throttle pull), an airflow meter I fettled with, and some seriously expensive blueprinting of the head and detailed balancing of the reciprocating parts. All pistons and rods were matched to less than .1 gram total variation. This is one smooth K bike and it handles too. There is some secret trickery in the front end that changes the basic steering geometry and banishes all of the K bikes weaves and wobbles.
    I'm impressed, excellent work. Barry

riding inside the cheddar curtain... the 93k1100rs of jumpin jimmy b and my 94k1100rs which just happened to turn 14,000 miles today...

j o

My Special K

My Special K...Towing another K home. The parts bike.
    85 K100RT and 85K100

The 'Special' with the new kid on the block.
    85 K100RT / 97 K1100LT
    MOA Life'er
    '32' Gas Powered Cylinders
    Love my Special K

Quote Originally Posted by owrstrich View Post
    riding inside the cheddar curtain... the 93k1100rs of jumpin jimmy b and my 94k1100rs which just happened to turn 14,000 miles today...

j o
    The "cheddar curtain" ??????

I just got Ziggy back together after a repaint. Theres still some detailing left to do but the hard part is done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim McGill
    '87 K100RS
    '04 R1150RT

Ziggy looks great ! Great job lining up the stripes across the different panels!
    Expect The Unexpected

Ziggy looks darn nice! Are those stripes on the exhaust shield painted or polished?

Sweet paint Zig.

Thanks.
    I used a laser to align the stripes.
    The heat shield stripes are painted.
    Jim McGill
    '87 K100RS
    '04 R1150RT