Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1392

Thread: Post a Photo of your K-bike

Cogito ergo sum

Black is beautiful

2002 box stock except for the HID headlight which will soon be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by HALMC View Post
    2002 box stock except for the HID headlight which will soon be gone.

Why are you dumping the HID?
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by GregFeeler View Post
    Why are you dumping the HID?
    I believe he's fishing
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

Quote Originally Posted by 35634 View Post
    I believe he's fishing
    Groan...
    Greg Feeler

2003 k1200gt modern era motobrick + 1996 r s motobrick + unknown year meat grinder

violated 98lees turff now... patterson pass...

j o
    Last edited by owrstrich; 06-05-2012 at 07:11 PM.

1986 K75C in Tallahassee, FL

Here's my 1986 BMW K75T parked in my driveway in Tallahassee, FL.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bvinson44; 06-08-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Other Member helped me out with ID.

That would be a T model. The C had a tiny windshield on a sort of square headlight cowl.
    Just picking nits...

T versus C

Thanks. I've been trying to sort out just what model it was and even folks who've been around BMWs for years couldn't be that specific. I'll start referring to it as a T since you've helped me with my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bvinson44 View Post
    Here's my 1986 BMW K75T parked in my driveway in Tallahassee, FL.
    I allways liked the K75T, I'm in the process of converting my '87 K100RT into a T. Tired of the fairing. I got the windshield, spotlamps, and part of the headlight bucket assembly. Just need the other half of the headlight assembly and the radiator shroud, then do the deal.

RiderBackUp

Thumbs up

Here is a shot of my 93 "C" model parked just below the famous (to North Carolinian's) Linn Cove Viaduct on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Stopped to do some photography, and thought "what a fine looking red triple brick," so got a few shots of it and the mountains. I love living up here in the Blue Ridge mountains, even more so now that I bought my 2nd K-75. I know the K-75 is "an acquired taste" for lots of guys who love motorcycles, but man, once you get in that zen place, or whatever you call that spot where man & machine "somehow" merge,
    ( I know its cliche, but I swear it happens) there just isn't a motorcycle anywhere that so effortlessly rewards each input with such sweet and linear feedback. The weight, sound, and the sooo-smooth throttle response and ride handling just "all come together."

Just a reminder, the Dan' Boone BMW rally happens August 10th-12th right here in Boone, NC. at the KOA campground right on Hwy 194. I've got a bedroom or two in my home I might could rent for that week-end if you don't want to camp, as I'm only 3 miles farther out from the KOA campground ( 5 mins ) on Hwy 194 in Boone, NC. Let me know by return message and we'll discuss....Stephen Hill

Quote Originally Posted by riderbackup View Post
    Here is a shot of my 93 "C" model parked just below the famous (to North Carolinian's) Linn Cove Viaduct on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Stopped to do some photography, and thought "what a fine looking red triple brick," so got a few shots of it and the mountains. I love living up here in the Blue Ridge mountains, even more so now that I bought my 2nd K-75. I know the K-75 is "an acquired taste" for lots of guys who love motorcycles, but man, once you get in that zen place, or whatever you call that spot where man & machine "somehow" merge,
    ( I know its cliche, but I swear it happens) there just isn't a motorcycle anywhere that so effortlessly rewards each input with such sweet and linear feedback. The weight, sound, and the sooo-smooth throttle response and ride handling just "all come together."

Just a reminder, the Dan' Boone BMW rally happens August 10th-12th right here in Boone, NC. at the KOA campground right on Hwy 194. I've got a bedroom or two in my home I might could rent for that week-end if you don't want to camp, as I'm only 3 miles farther out from the KOA campground ( 5 mins ) on Hwy 194 in Boone, NC. Let me know by return message and we'll discuss....Stephen Hill

Beautiful bike, and I know what you are talking about with the "zen" reference. I have two K75's now and have had three at a time in the past. I love 'em! However, just a data point, I don't think your bike is a "C" model. The C's were produced from 1985 through 1990. Then they were replaced with just a "K75" that had the "Y" spoke wheels, a rear disk brake (whereas the C's had a drum), a unique shroud around the headlight and back of the instrument cluster, whereas the C's had a small fairing, and a low seat with high (RT-style) bars.
    Greg Feeler

Hmmm, what does my zen feel like riding today?
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

I purchased this new in October 1984 and has 287,000 miles. This was taken in early March of last year when I brought it home from my BMW tech friend's shop after we installed a Paralever driveline on it. I had Works Performance lengthen the shock that was on the bike when it was still a Monolever bike. The front calipers are from a Ducati 851 attached to the fork with brackets made by a local machinest. The same tech built an engine for it in 2004. It has K-1100 throttle bodies in the original K-100 TB rack (preserves the light original throttle pull), an airflow meter I fettled with, and some seriously expensive blueprinting of the head and detailed balancing of the reciprocating parts. All pistons and rods were matched to less than .1 gram total variation. This is one smooth K bike and it handles too. There is some secret trickery in the front end that changes the basic steering geometry and banishes all of the K bikes weaves and wobbles.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Here is the port side. We couldn't find a K-1100 exhaust that wasn't already cracked, so my tech friend came up with a way to mount the original exhaust to the later K-100RS/16V foot peg plates. It requires additional rubber mounts and an additional mounting plate behind the foot peg plate. I have since replaced the natural finish spark plug cover with the original black one and I have replaced the brake hoses depicted with shorter ones that rise straight up from the caliper.
    This bike gets down the road smartly.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

>>I purchased this new in October 1984 and has 287,000 miles.<<

Now that's impressive! Has the motor been apart during that time?