Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a Photo of your K-bike

If there happened to be any other motorists coming along that road in the background I bet they sure hit the brakes when they saw that pair of bikes parked off to the side like that...

Nice bikes!
    ---Jeff

ex: K75S Berlina R100GS/PD , K100RS , R75/5 , R60/2

BT
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    A year or so ago I bought a '95 K75RTP from Engle Motors in Kansas City, which had come from the Lawrence, Kansas police department. This week, Phil Marvin rode over from El Paso on his K75RTP which he bought from a gentleman in Missouri who said it had come from a department somewhere in Kansas.

Wondering ... I asked Phil what his VIN was. He went out and looked. Well, they are close kin with adjacent serial numbers - last 7: 6229744 and 6229745.

Phil has the "old" bike, built one earlier than mine. Mine is on the left; Phil's is on the right. Both had mileage in the low teens when we got them.

NOTE: I think Lawrence had 3 or 4 of these. If you have one of the other one or two I'd like to know.
    That's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Are the saddlebags stock to the RTP? Anything different inside the bags, such as dividers or clips?
    Which rear compartment is stock, I am guessing the other guys (mainly looking at the black platform on the top of yours, also what about the mulitple colored reflectors (or lights?) on the back of yours. Just curious if the differences were after the PD sold them or not.
    Gilly
    I think in RTP use they have City Bags. Engles put new full size bags on mine and I think the same happened with Phil's. I put the flat plate across the box on mine to carry camping gear. And, I added the array of reflectors too.

I can't explain the other differences: black trunk lid and mirrors on mine - white on Phil's although I know the trunk/radio box was replaced on mine by Engles.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Paul are you and Vonnie collecting K bikes in serial order now?
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    Paul are you and Vonnie collecting K bikes in serial order now?
    I don't know. Maybe.

A check of DMV records would show we own 4 K75s right now, but one is at our son-in-law's and one is at our son's.

I don't think there is such a thing as too many K75s, but if I ever find out there is I'll let the forum know.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

The Twins

Another photo of the twins taken while Phil was down here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heres my 92 K75S that I bought new and still own today. I will never sell her!

Photobucket
    Robert Cantrell
    Spring Hill, Fl
    92 BMW K75S 73 BMW R60/5
    13 Victory Cross Country Tour

Quote Originally Posted by brianhinton View Post
    Goldstar Park in downtown Wetumpka, AL
    Just like Old Smokey looked when I bought her. 19 years and 370,000 miles later she died when run over by a mini-van. But was running strong until that instant.

Sadly, she gave up her spot in the garage to make way for the new little sister to arrive sometime in the near future. K75S served me very well, never a hiccup in operation, and great looks on top of it all.
    Fortunately, she is with a former K75 owner who lost his in a low speed t-bone that was non injury for him, but death to the K75. Hes back on board now and loving his new '87 K75. Los Angeles area.
    brhartw
    '87 K75S sold 94578 vin150106
    MOA138871
    '99 R1100rt Opal Blue

fighter

Like new with less than 5K miles
    can you say ....CREAM PUFF ???
    I'm still keeping the '85 K100RS # xxxxxx197
    Fite

Photobucket

fighter
    view#2
    looks bigger without me on it!
    Photobucket

justmike
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    view#2
    looks bigger without me on it!
    Photobucket
    Mmmmmm. Very nice Fighter.

BT
    Very nice indeed! Less than 5K WOW, I thought I got a good deal on a 03 bought this year in late Feb with less than 19,000 miles. It now has 28,856

fighter
    It really is a beautiful bike. Kind of a goofy story on how it ended up in my stable.
    The original owner purchased it in S. Carolina and Uncle Sam moved it up here as part of a military transfer. The GI decided it was a bit too much for him so he traded it in on a HD bagger. The finance guy at the local stealership knew I had a soft spot for BMWs and he gave me shout. At that time I was not in the position to make the deal but I knew someone who could/would. I called a buddy of mine and teased him with the particulars. 2004 Zebra in perfect shape with extremely low miles. I made an agreement with him that I would disclose the location.... only if (should he make the deal) he gave me first right of refusal if/when he sold it. A hand shake cemented our agreement and he bought the bike. Fast forward a year and a half and low and behold the car of his dreams becomes available. (Less than 3 miles from his residence) In the excitement of the auto-erotic moment.. I mentioned the Brick. Done deal. I got the bike and he got the Cobra. I really couldn't afford to ... but I couldn't afford NOT to.

The RS had been languishing in his living room vying for attention with 2 KTMs, a GS1200 Addy, an airhead RS, and a 4-wheeler. Keep in mind we have a very short season up here. He had ridden it less than 1000 miles. We made the deal late in the season so I only got a couple of short days to fall in love.
    I have a feeling my '85 KRS and my 11Fiddy GSA will be on the back burner for awhile.
    Fite

Photobucket
    Last edited by Fighter; 12-04-2009 at 09:07 AM.

My '04 KRS

on old US66 near Peach Springs AZ

Skull Valley - south of Prescott AZ

M&M Merc in Placerville CO

Kurt in AZ

'04 K1200RS
    '07 R1200RT