Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a Photo of your K-bike

Welcome Crow18, so you are trying to convince us that the hockey stick is not for dealing with road rage.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Quote Originally Posted by Crow18
    Looks like high sticking to me.
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnszilla
    Looks like high sticking to me.
    Only if he makes contact
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Crow18
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ka
    Welcome Crow18, so you are trying to convince us that the hockey stick is not for dealing with road rage.
    The sticks are so securely bungied that it would be easier for me to unzip the bag and fling a skate at someone. It does seem to deter tailgaters, however.

STEVE_R

Wyoming

Grand Teton National Park, Sept. 2005
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heres my baby

Heading up north on 23 towards Ann Arbor this past week-end.

Grand Tetons 05

KRS at Grand Tetons

2006 K1200GT, 1986 K100 merrittgene's Avatar

New paint

My Krauser fairing is made from Unobtainium, so I had to have it completely reglassed to make it useable. Then, since I was having it painted, I decided it was pretty cheap (incrementally) to add a custom graphic.

I'm pretty pleased with it, and the shop did a show-quality finish on it, but I will continue to ride this bike, and just let the paint suffer. The fairing does make the rest of the paint look shabby though.

I had to take this picture while it still looked pretty.
    Last edited by merrittgene; 06-16-2006 at 05:47 AM. Reason: I uploaded a better picture
    Gene Merritt - Ames, IA - BMWMOA#111610 - IBA#21886 - Rounder #26 - Webmeister, Bahnsturmers
    ---- 1986 K100 ---- 2006 K1200GT ---- 2001 F650GSD ----

2006 K1200GT, 1986 K100 merrittgene's Avatar

K-heat

Hey, seeing all these K1 bikes (and probably the K100LTs also) makes me ask a question:

On my K100, how much can I wisely block off the heat behind the fairing and in front of my legs without causing problems? The K1 pictures make it look like the fairing is well sealed to the tank and engine, so that would sure take some heat off me.
    Gene Merritt - Ames, IA - BMWMOA#111610 - IBA#21886 - Rounder #26 - Webmeister, Bahnsturmers
    ---- 1986 K100 ---- 2006 K1200GT ---- 2001 F650GSD ----

Quote Originally Posted by merrittgene
    Hey, seeing all these K1 bikes (and probably the K100LTs also) makes me ask a question:

On my K100, how much can I wisely block off the heat behind the fairing and in front of my legs without causing problems? The K1 pictures make it look like the fairing is well sealed to the tank and engine, so that would sure take some heat off me.
    I have a K1 and have owned a K100RT so know something about HEAT. The heat transfer on the K1 is much different from the K100RT in that your legs and upper body do not get cooked, but there is a lot of heat that comes from down low across you feet and lower legs. At highway speeds it's not too bad, but around town it builds up and then really gets your attention when you get on the open road until the heat "trapped" under the fairing gets a chance to purge. My take on this is you shouldn't do a lot of low speed running with the K1 because it seems to collect more heat under the body work than seems like a good idea.

On the K100RT the heat would come up from just below the tank and get sucked up past my legs and onto my torso because of the negative pressure behind the fairing. On a hot day it was an oven. I got a set of Kguard Heat Shields which helped quite a bit. They fill in the gap just behind the fairing lowers and force the heat to pass behind them and exit behind your legs. You still don't get a lot of fresh air due to the size of the fairing, but at least the convection oven effect is greatly reduced. The web site for the company that makes these is still there, but it's marked that they are closed for business right now: http://hometown.aol.com/bmwkguard/ You might also find some for sale by searching the lists.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by merrittgene
    My Krauser fairing is made from Unobtainium, so I had to have it completely reglassed to make it useable. Then, since I was having it painted, I decided it was pretty cheap (incrementally) to add a custom graphic.

I'm pretty pleased with it, and the shop did a show-quality finish on it, but I will continue to ride this bike, and just let the paint suffer. The fairing does make the rest of the paint look shabby though.

I had to take this picture while it still looked pretty.

Man, that's beautiful!
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Sirwm22
    :d

My first K - K75C converted to an almost RT (no lowers). Color number was 666.

Now I'm baack - this time a GT. The dark side lives.

Phil Space
    Springfield, VA
    12 K1600GT - Arrest Me Red
    09 F800GS

1992 K75S salvage

I rebuilt this from salvage and it has a clean title. Her name is Prowler. She was repainted in the origenal black metalic. I love this little bike, quick, quite and with a lot of class. See you all in VT. Ramblen Rebel.
    Rebel

bnblazer

06 GT found new home

I just brought home an 06 GT. My wife took me today and wrote out the check herself! I am a luck man....

Here is a picture of the bike.

And here is one with my daughter on the back after a run around the block.

This is my first BMW and I love it! I put on 120 miles on day one!!

Brian