Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some Roads You Might (Should!) Ride

boy oh boy are we going to have fun riding down there. I'm looking at taking US250 to RT93 then follow it to RT83 and follow RT83 down to RT339. Take RT339 to RT7 south to US 35 then into Charelston. Hopefully I can do it in one day, it'll be a long one,but beeter way to spend a day.......any suggestions?
    Thanks

eljeffe
    Originally posted by Hank Pfister
    Beautiful, but will it get you to Charleston West Virginia, and the BMW-MOA rally?
    Nope, I won't make Charleston, WV this year. My time is set for the Curve Cowboy Reunion put on by the BMW Luxury Touring group at www.bmwlt.net

The rally site is http://www.curvecowboyreunion.com

I've also got plans to attend the best local club rally ever -- the Top o' the Rockies Rally in Paonia. If you've never been, it's one to put on the calendar. The rally site is http://www.coloradobeemers.com/tor.htm

See ya on the Road!

walnut11
    Mark
    Sent PM any thoughts???
    David

check out your email I replyed back to you

Unregistered
    One of my favorites is 39 from Marlinton to Richwood, WV. then continue to Summersville and on to Gauley Bridge, and 60 west to Charleston. Or at Summersville, get on 19 south, a four lane, to the New River Bridge and Fayetteville. Watch for police. At Fayetteville, 16 west to 60 west to Charleston.

Mike

There is a short section of 60 near Fayetteville (actually between Fayetteville and Charleston) that is very much like Deal's Gap(mini version), BUT it has more traffic and side roads. Nice run though.

Suggestions for route thru PA?

I'll be riding my K75 down from the Adirondacks in Northern New York, and I just hate the thought of taking I-81 thru Pennsylvania - trucks, road constuction, potholes and boring superslab. Does anyone have suggestions on getting thru PA from, say Binghamton, NY down to around Hagerstown, MD?

Tom Dudones
    Saranac Lake, NY

"Mountain Magic" article

American Motorcyclist , Feb. 2001, pp. 23-34 has a good article on asphalt riding, dual sport riding, and dirt riding in West Virginia.
    (Roads ridden are described and rated.)

Also -- a nice little publication titled West Virginia Byways and Backways may be useful for some. Contact the WV Division of Tourism at 1-800-CALLWVA. http://www.callwva.com
    (Midland Trail, Highland Scenic Highway - asphalt;
    Williams River Backway - dual sport)

In addition, I've drawn up some maps with suggested loop rides (asphalt) from Charleston. Contact me directly if you would like me to send them to you -- or maybe I should post them on my web site for your perusal?

Having never been to a national rally before, I don't know what information is available with regard to descriptive information, maps, etc. Maybe this is overkill?

There is little that is better than a loop ride put together by someone that knows the area. I believe there will be "self guided tours" available and a Poker Run, which is a variation of such a tour.

But if you want to put your loops up, it sure won't hurt.

dave
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Five Loop Rides +

If, by chance, some may be interested in investigating, before their arrival in Charleston, some interesting rides, I have put together some of my favorites. The maps are low-res for quicker loading, but are of sufficient quality for you to transfer the information to your map.

http://www.angelfire.com/wv/jonesw/rally.html

I've got a few pics from some of these which I'll upload at a later time.

Nicely done, Weeble!
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Thumbs up

very nice job Weeble . I am taking this with me

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar

Talking Very Cool

I will also try not to fall down...

-=Brad
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride