Thread: New GoPro Hero $129 Camera

New GoPro Hero $129 Camera

I would post this to a video thread, but given the superlative search features of the Forum, I cannot find one. Feel free to relocate it, ad hoc.

Today, GoPro has announced a new $129 Hero camera which promises to be just what motorcyclists like me want and need to do on bike/on helmet video. While it lacks all of the complex features of the new Hero 4 cameras, it is cheaper, uses all the available GoPro mounts, and is waterproof, as is. It shoots 1080P video with a very wide angle lens, and includes a microphone for audio. It's probably not James Cameron's first choice, but it could be mine. Check it out here:

http://shop.gopro.com/cameras/hero/CHDHA-301.html

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar

One Wish...

...And that is they put the controls on the user side of the camera, the back.
    "Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."

GoPro's Video about the $129 Hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVrp4s9BYFA

I don't know why they don't put the controls on the back. But, they have made it easier for me by putting the 'one-touch' power up and start recording on the top.

There are a bunch of things I'd like, too. WiFi/Bluetooth to my Android to work as a remote control/monitor for one. One problem I've always had with a helmet cam is keeping the camera level with the horizon. But, these shortcomings are small compared to being able to shoot 1080P/30fps, wide angle, burst stills, 720P slomo, and time lapse stuff. And there's the huge variety of mounts and attachments, and it's waterproof. I'll have one as soon as they ship.