Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I phone insanity

I phone insanity

I guess I just don't get the frenzy to be the first owners of the latest Apple phone.
    Austin is a tech-head town, but geez!

Every news channel has video of folks in long lines, some for days. Here they also are getting rained on.
    Can only guess that only a small portion will actually get a phone of their choice.
    Instant gratification or bragging rights
    Can you just order one online or am I just a as I also keep a bike more than one model year.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Luddite is the word you are searching for. I 'll bet your TV screen is not even curved.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

I just want to know if you can line up for 4-5 days for a phone, you must be unemployed, and if you are, how are you affording a brand new iPhone? Please tell me you're not wasting what precious little vacation time we all get to line up for a phone...
    Dave...

----------------
    05 R1200 RT
    83 XN85 D Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    I guess I just don't get the frenzy to be the first owners of the latest Apple phone.
    Austin is a tech-head town, but geez!

Every news channel has video of folks in long lines, some for days. Here they also are getting rained on.
    Can only guess that only a small portion will actually get a phone of their choice.
    Instant gratification or bragging rights
    Can you just order one online or am I just a as I also keep a bike more than one model year.

I don't get it either ?! And it seems about every six months is the next new "gotta-have" model....and there they go again ?!

Course I don't get the constant communication thing either.......
    Ron Prior {AMA member 30+ years,MOA member 20+years}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

I'm running 2 IP 4's that work fine. If someone does get one of the new versions, post it up and let us know what you think.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Just heard on the news this morning (KNX) that the very first person to buy one (somewhere?) ... dropped it.
    It survived.

3 Red Bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    I 'll bet your TV screen is not even curved.
    Two of my three TV screens (including my main 35") ARE curved. Outward! They are CRTs. By the time they die, I'll be able to get an 80" 4x flat screen for $900.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

What's cool is don't have to buy the new stuff. Someone else can buy the new stuff, prop up cutting edge development, and I can use flip phone and a paper map, for practically nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls1150 View Post
    Just heard on the news this morning (KNX) that the very first person to buy one (somewhere?) ... dropped it.
    It survived.
    Caught on tape in Australia...was on the news a few minutes ago

Helen waits for her sister to update and kindly accepts the "old" one. Two phones and a tablet . I think she has a 4 now.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

I know a guy who rides a bicycle and drives a car that thinks anybody who rides a motorcycle is just being silly. He knows he has absolutely no need for such a frivalous thing as a motorcycle.

And on a similar note, how many Airhead or classic K bike riders think the new electro-whizbang bikes are frivalous.

Why do we collectively insist that anybody who isn't just like us individually, is wrong! Sheesh!!!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    And on a similar note, how many Airhead or classic K bike riders think the new electro-whizbang bikes are frivalous.
    I can start a poll on that!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    You can order online, the delivery on the i6 is about a week, the i6+ is 3-4 weeks. You can also order for pickup at an Apple store, but none of the i6+ models are available within 300 miles of me.

I have an i5, want the big screen model for my old eyes, and the image stabilized camera with f2.2 aperture. I held an i6 this morning at Sam's Club, it isn't different enough from the i5 to get me to buy it, besides they only had the 16GB version, and my i5 is 64GB. I want the 128GB model.

I'm not camping out in any stupid all-night lines, I'll wait my 3-4 weeks. at&t would have me wait until the end of November, but they expect payment now. Yeah right, they're on drugs.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

phablet
    really
    another new word to learn. heck i still call it pound sign I don't care how cool you are. not that i tweet
    that being said i stayed up, no i didn't i was up anyway and beat against the apple site until i got an order in for a plus
    will be here thursday
    idea being that this could be the end for the Pad but we shall see just how big big is
    lines are not for me i get restless if i'm three deep at the grocery

Seems easier to adjust to if you think of it as a computer that you can use as a phone.
    The most popular camera in the world, from what I am told, is an I-Phone.
    BTW, for all you I-Phone users, there is an OS-8 update headed your way. I can recommend that you wait for it to show up in your settings to do it. Apple seems to notify users of an update in an orderly fashion so their servers don't get "slammed". And.... a fast wi-fi is really a must. Try to get one you trust rather than Micky-D's
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Why do we collectively insist that anybody who isn't just like us individually, is wrong! Sheesh!!!
    In car returning from Home Depot was in right lane second in line at stop. Second in line in left lane was helmetless guy on a Harley bagger. When the person in front of him got going too slowly for his liking, he shook his head as if that person were an idiot.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S