Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Throttle body sync: Manometer requirements?

Nothing works better than pure physics fluidics and gravity. I did the ATF in tubing on a stick and you cannot get more accurate results IMHO

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomtoob View Post
    Nothing works better than pure physics fluidics and gravity. I did the ATF in tubing on a stick and you cannot get more accurate results IMHO
    I agree that a 2X4 with tubing filled with ATF will get the job done cheap but having tried that type of jig (bulky), mercury stix (health/environmental hazard), Twin Max (bouncy) I much prefer Grok's Harmonizer.

I also agree that while I may not necessarily get more accurate results I think it is possible to get equally accurate results in a much smaller and convenient package that I can actually ride around the neighbourhood with to check my handiwork live and in colour with my Harmonizer on the bike.

I can't do that with a 2X4 and twenty feet of tubing. Might be fun to try though!
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT

I also used the plastic tube and brake fluid after a throttle cable replacement. Started so far off it was sucking all of the fluid from one side and heading for the engine. It actually sucked a long bubble through the fluid. Improved the rough adjustment, got in range and it worked fine. What is the yardstick for? I don't need a yardstick to see level.