Thread: Announcement: "Land of Oz" Rally moves to Atchison, KS!

Former Club President DonHamblin's Avatar

Announcement: "Land of Oz" Rally moves to Atchison, KS!

That's right, after there decades at the Linn County Park the "Land of Oz" Rally is moving to New Location!
    New Adventures on the Yellow Brick Road as ?Oz Takes Flight? to Amelia Earhat?s Hometown of Atchison, Kansas!!

Rediscover the "Land of Oz" and Discover a Kansas You Never Knew Existed!

Why Atchison? Carve roads you won't believe are in Kansas on your way to the rally; Camp and fish by the private Warnock Lake; RV hookups are in great locations; Cool off on the lake's swimming beach; Sip cup of gourmet air roasted coffee from "The Roasterie"; Socialize with likeminded riders under one of the pavilions around the campground; See the tree grown from seeds that went to the moon and back; Get some use out of your canoe or kayak; Enjoy great Kansas food onsite and at restaurants throughout Atchison; Ride the Atchison Trolley from Rally Central to explore local history, mystery and entertainment; Consider weekend accommodations at a local B&B, budget motel, or camp in a suite sporting a whirlpool and fireplace; Take an unbelievable GS/ADV ride with GS Giant Eddie Mcliney; Take self-guided tours over roads that will make you think "you're not in Kansas anymore" to historic sites, "Extreme Underground" entertainment; Distillery tours; Check out a bee hive; or heck, you can even milk a goat! All that along with traditional BMW Motorcycle Rally events, awards and entertainment!

So start making plans to join the Kansas City BMW Motorcycle Club for their inaugural "New Adventures on the Yellow Brick Road Land of Oz" Rally, Warnock Lake, Atchison, Kansas, May 29-31, 2015.
    Don Hamblin
    BMW MOA# 09931

"New Adventures Along the Yellow Brick Road, Land of Oz Rally"

New rally location!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don Hamblin
    BMW MOA# 09931

"Land of Oz" NEW location Video - Just a minute now ...

it'll only take a minute (well, 54 Seconds) to watch the video tour of the new home for the "Land of Oz" Rally. Warnock Lake, Atchison,Kansas. One of the finest locations for a BMW Motorcycle Rally there is!

Don Hamblin
    Rally Chair,
    2015 "New Adventures Along the Yellow Brick Road, Land of Oz" Rally
    Don Hamblin
    BMW MOA# 09931

How close are Y'all to Mount Sunflower?

Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    How close are Y'all to Mount Sunflower?
    Approximately 436.4 miles.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Oh, just a hop, skip and a jump. Piece a cake. Thx, Paul.

I'm an old Kansas guy. I graduated from Swaney School Kindergarden of Derby, Kansas back in '59. Remember Kansas well. The world was flat as a pancake. Found out a little different when I moved to the Ozarks in Arkansas. The only thing flat there was the pancakes in the bottom of the fryin pan.

You might have missed a spot :)

I'm an old Kansas guy. I graduated from Swaney School Kindergarden of Derby, Kansas back in '59. Remember Kansas well. The world was flat as a pancake. Found out a little different when I moved to the Ozarks in Arkansas. The only thing flat there was the pancakes in the bottom of the fryin pan.
    Having grown up myself in KC I can understand, but the first time I rode in the Atchison / Leavenworth area I found that it's not all I-70 flat. The 194 miles northeast from Derby (Wichita) to Atchison makes all the difference in the world! That area around the Missouri River Vally is the great exception. Could be time to take another look - like I said, "Discovery a Kansas you never knew existed!" We'll be posting more video's of the area (including the roads, trails, and other attractions) over the next few months. If you can't ride up there, then check 'em out.

Don
    Don Hamblin
    Rally Chair,
    Don Hamblin
    BMW MOA# 09931

Where does a GS Giant Ride?

Looking for some great GS riding at our rally next year? Ask and you shall receive! GS Giant Eddie McLiney has put together a winner for the rally. Check out just a "bit" of it here:
    GS Giant Eddie McLiney takes you on a GS ride at the 2015 "Land of Oz" Rally

Don
    Don Hamblin
    Rally Chair,
    Don Hamblin
    BMW MOA# 09931

It isn't all flat :)

Here's a quick video of part of the road between Atchison and Weston (chasing a Ural rig)

Don Hamblin
    BMW MOA# 09931

I have no idea how far Atchison is from IL, but, I plan to be there!!!
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    I have no idea how far Atchison is from IL, but, I plan to be there!!!
    Chuck, 390 miles, and you can take US 36 across Missouri!

Don
    Don Hamblin
    BMW MOA# 09931