Thread: looking for independent BMW mech or shop

looking for independent BMW mech or shop

We have been on the road since St. Paul and have been in Fishkill, NY for the last couple of days for the nephew's acceptance ceremony at West Point. Leaving tomorrow (Monday) and headed north, slowly, for the White Mountains of NH.
    I have a leaking valve cover due to a stripped vc bolt and need oil changes on both bikes (1200gs AND 650 gs twin) so I am looking for a good independent BMW shop or mechanic that I can connect with somewhere along the way that can put in a helicoil and do the oil changes.
    Would appreciate any recommendations.

BTW, beautiful up here (as compared to central Texas where we're from) but cooler than expected. Love the camping.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

I've heard MAXBMW is supposed to be very good. They have three locations in the NE.
    Walter

All government, of course, is against liberty.
    H. L. Mencken

Try Nickwakkett Garage in Pittsford, VT. Very knowledgeable I take my bikes there all the time. http://thenickwackettgarage.com/bmw/. Call before you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Texpaul View Post
    We have been on the road since St. Paul and have been in Fishkill, NY for the last couple of days for the nephew's acceptance ceremony at West Point. Leaving tomorrow (Monday) and headed north, slowly, for the White Mountains of NH.
    I have a leaking valve cover due to a stripped vc bolt and need oil changes on both bikes (1200gs AND 650 gs twin) so I am looking for a good independent BMW shop or mechanic that I can connect with somewhere along the way that can put in a helicoil and do the oil changes.
    Would appreciate any recommendations.

BTW, beautiful up here (as compared to central Texas where we're from) but cooler than expected. Love the camping.
    BTW, if your in New Hamster, Hurricane Mt. road out of North Conway, White Horse Gear-North Conway, Kancamagus Highway out of Conway and a ride to the top of Mt. Washington on the Auto Road are good takes.

OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Max in Brookfield CT is an hour ride from Fishkill heading East on 84. Really good dealer for service.
    Ride Safe,
    Bob
    '12 R1200RT

Rally Rat

Independant mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by jmkeeney View Post
    Try Nickwakkett Garage in Pittsford, VT. Very knowledgeable I take my bikes there all the time. http://thenickwackettgarage.com/bmw/. Call before you go.
    Plus 1 on this guy. Excellent service at reasonable prices.
    From Fishkill, take the back roads! Plenty of them and much nicer than interstate.
    Boxerbruce

Anyone have a lead on a good tech in the Orange County, NY area? I'm ok with Max in Brookfield, CT, but would like to find someone closer, if possible.

subscribing to thread