Thread: K75RT heat behind the fairing

K75RT heat behind the fairing

Like most K75 riders I find my bike is more of a winter bike because of the engine heat and I end up riding my R1100rt in the summer instead( it's cooler) what I found is that if I put a piece of water pipe insulation foam ,about 1 1/2 inch diameter between the fuel tank and the air box on the right side and the same place on the left , from where the fairing ends back to the side cover in almost eliminates all the hot air from the engine. I put a thermometer by my leg without the blocker and the air was 135 degrees, after I installed the foam the air temp dropped to the ambient temp of 90 degrees. Now riding my k bike at least temp wise is the same as my R1100.

Thanks for the tip - I'll have to try that. I just resort to removing the windshield from my RT. I'll put it back on in October.

Keith
    1994 K 75 RT

3 Red Bricks
    You need to remember to include the MODEL of your bike in the title (I added it for you).

The RT is the only K75 with heat issues and those are well known. They are not a good bike in hot weather. A lot of people remove the fairing lowers during the summer to try to increase the airflow around the engine.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

I find if I move my knees outside of the fairing, it is a lot more comfortable...
    ride what you've got; enjoy the road you're on!

Reid - Stone Ridge, NY - MOA #69187 - Turbo Fluffy Motoclub - IBA #50182