Thread: Zumo 550 or BMW Navigator?

Zumo 550 or BMW Navigator?

A month ago I bought a 2012 GS that has the mount, cradle and wiring for the current generation of BMW Navigator. The PO kept the Navigator to use on his other bike. I have a Zumo 550 with mount and wiring left-over from my last bike, and will be installing that soon as I don't see the $$$ for a Navigator (DAMN those things are pricey, even used!) in my budget right now.

The question is, is the Navigator a worthwhile upgrade at some future point?

As yet I haven't felt a need to do anything fancy with GPS. I mostly just use it as a supplement to paper maps and every now and then ask it to get me to a simple destination.

I find the 550 fairly easy to use for the simple functions I generally get into, and I've heard people gripe about the Navigator not being the most user-friendly.

So what are y'all's thoughts?
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

I have the BMW Zumo which is the same as the Zumo 550. I don't plan to upgrade unless my unit dies. The new Zumos and Navigators have a few extra features, but it's not worth the extra money to me.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

With the BMW Nav V now available I've seen a number of Nav IV's for sale at relatively low prices. Maybe try a Google search or look at the K1600 Forum.
    Dan