Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: I Like Personalized Plates

I don't want a pickle.....

Jus' wanna ride my motorsickle.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here in the Northeast I feel that personalized plates on a bike just make one a target especially if you commute.

The other possible side effect is as Ian pointed out, no mercy. (depending on your plate)

I used to have the plate REDEYE on the freak wagon (87 Toyota Land Cruiser wagon with lot's of Grateful Dead stickers) yet I was rarely pulled over, although given the parinoia that comes from heading home from last call in aforementioned vehicle I was always a very *good* boy.

be a rock star

Would anybody like to see their plate featured in the ON? We're looking for Tale Light photos and pictures of the week for the Web site.

E-mail them to mandy@bmwmoa.org.

Ride safe!

ping
    yea, vanity plates are cool. One of my sometimes ride companions has an Roadster with "NO PICKL" my GS says "NO TICKL" If you are as old as us, you may be able to figure this out
    Paul "older then dirt" I remember Burma Shave road signs.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar

I got mine finally...

Well I finally got my plates... The one on the RT is below. The other one I got is Benn 1 on the cage. I agree with Rob that vanity can make you target plates in the Northeast, or they can help you out. In New Jersey, the lower the single digit number the more political "pull" you have. Literally for my late father to get the Benn 1 plate was an act of a Senator, a congressperson can only assign someone down to a 2.

My father was given that as a gift for his 45th birthday by Senator Lautenberg. I do know that it helped to avoid a ticket or two because it was a 1. In Indiana there is no associattion between numbers and politics, I just got it in memory of my father.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Warren_H
    Second time I've lucked out getting a model number as a plate. 1st time was on a Porsche 944 the plate was "944" several times people would ask who I was to get that plate.

Unless people know BMWs this one will be stealth, I've had another RT rider tell me I suck and I've only had it for a month.

Well I coulda had the R12RT plate here, it was tempting but I figured since it already says that on each side of the bike it was a bit redundant...so I went for the more ubiquious one...and since we are only allowed 6 fields it had to be even more subtle

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    Well I finally got my plates... The one on the RT is below. The other one I got is Benn 1 on the cage. I agree with Rob that vanity can make you target plates in the Northeast, or they can help you out. In New Jersey, the lower the single digit number the more political "pull" you have. Literally for my late father to get the Benn 1 plate was an act of a Senator, a congressperson can only assign someone down to a 2.

My father was given that as a gift for his 45th birthday by Senator Lautenberg. I do know that it helped to avoid a ticket or two because it was a 1. In Indiana there is no associattion between numbers and politics, I just got it in memory of my father.

Brad,
    You're gonna' have to get a bigger bike - you've about run out of room for sickers on the back!
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Every single time I am on a twisty road and get behind a car I think this. I figure this pretty much says it all. And I still can't believe that DMV let me have it.

Tom
    Salem Or.
    '93 K1100LT w/Bushtec
    '03 F650CS '09 F650GS

Quote Originally Posted by Ridealot
    Every single time I am on a twisty road and get behind a car I think this. I figure this pretty much says it all. And I still can't believe that DMV let me have it.

That's great! And, from Oregon - a very...shall we say Anal state.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

I've never actually paid for a personalized plate but I feel that the three plates I have are personalized to a degree. The number on all 3 plates is a multiple of my favourite number -- 17 . The first two just fell into my lap. The third one (on my wife's bike) was asked for. The guy in line ahead of my got 100, I was going to get 101 but asked the clerk to give me the next one instead.

Robert
    2010 Suzuki GSX1250SEA
    ÔÇ£If you get in too far over your head, remember - full throttle and make it spectacular!ÔÇØ http://www.yearroundriders.com

bigfoot105
    The Slash 5

bigfoot105
    I know, I know, It should be with a "E" but "E" was already taken so I used an "O" instead. The GS.

bigfoot105
    Da King

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar

My new, to me, R65.

On my cage!

Jim