Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rain gear suggestions?

BMW makes a great one piece rain suit for around $100, might be what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by pockomoth View Post
    BMW makes a great one piece rain suit for around $100, might be what you're looking for.
    I've looked into it . It's the Prorain3 suit In my area it's $175 + tx =$210.

Right now,I'm leaning towards the Frogg Toggs Kikker 2 and the ToadSkinz Rain Pants.

Unfortunately no one sells Frogg Toggs in my area. I will have to order it online and I'm always hesitant to buy a jacket and pants that I've never tried and don't know which size fits best.
    Daniel
    If you can park it, and not turn around to admire it before walking away, you bought the wrong one.
    R1200RT 2007 - IBA # 56396

Although I haven't yet had... the opportunity... to use them, I just bought the Froggs Toggs Pro Adventure jacket and Pro Bib pants. If you order them, order in your normal size, even though you plan to wear them over your riding suit. They run very large for this purpose. I wear a 46 short jacket and the XL Pro Adv jacket fits easily over my armored textile riding jacket. Same with the bib pants - the XL size can be worn over my riding suit. This, and the fact that there are zippers on the pant legs, makes it easy to jump into the FT without removing any of my riding gear.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Thanks for all your inputs
    I ended up buying a Frogg Toggs Kikker II jacket & Toad Skinz rain pants.
    Daniel
    If you can park it, and not turn around to admire it before walking away, you bought the wrong one.
    R1200RT 2007 - IBA # 56396

"Toad Skinz" sounds like a Dave Barry rock band
    93 K1100LT
    03 K1200GT

Rain gear suggestions?

Yup gave up on extra rain gear, went Klim route and never looked back or got caught in the rain again.

Prior to that I used Frogg Toggs and was happy with them except the lower leg that has an elastic and is prone to ride up and allow water into your boot over time,

Frogg Toggs

Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    I'm not looking for a new jacket/pants combo. I'm very happy with the one I have . I wear it temperature ranging from below freezing ( with a heated vest ) to 90+ (turns into an armored mesh jacket) .
    I'm only looking for something to add in case of a major downpour.
    I also ride with a Mesh jacket +/- a liner in the summer months. Klim Badlands is great but very expensive and it doesn't come in Tall sizing!! (riddle me that???). Oh I digress. I also recommend the Frogg Toggs. I have the separate jacket/pants. Works great. It also functions as a great second layer when temps dip lower than expected and doesn't take up much room in my panniers.

Surprised no one has mentioned Aerostich http://www.aerostich.com/ gear. Waterproof and custom sizing - short/reg/tall, etc. Rode my Darian jacket and ADV light pants ~50 miles in thunderstorm and pulled in dry to a motel for the night. Prior to that I had BMW Rally suit and BMW rain gear. Always seemed to get caught in the rain and then put on the rain gear after getting wet. Made in the USA, Duluth, MN.

Also ride with Danner http://www.danner.com/ boots, waterproof and made in the USA.
    Dick
    R1200GS '08
    "Hey, where you goin'?" "Nowhere in particular." "Man, I wish I was you." "Well, Hang in there..."