Thread: Wood Beaded Seats

Wood Beaded Seats

Bought a wood beaded seat in May at the RA National and after returning from a 4,000 mi. ride, I still can't believe how much it improved the comfort during medium to long days in the saddle. Put it on a K75 with a new bike, no cost option, Corbin Dual Canyon seat. I've seen beaded seats forever and always wondered if or how they could be comfortable.
    It was only $35, which to me is a reasonably priced gamble. It turned out to be a nice improvement. Would have bought 2 more at the MOA National but I didn't see any there. Seems like all the folks who already had them knew how nice the were and forgot to tell me, or I wasn't listening. I should have bought one years ago.
    Charlie

I used one on my OEM seat but when I upgraded to the Russell DL, I have yet to put it on. Maybe when it gets hotter.

I use 1 on my Russell here in Phoenix during the summer to keep some air moving under my rear. Feels good in 110 degree heat.
    2013 k1600GTL
    Damask Red

Quote Originally Posted by c4golf View Post
    I use 1 on my Russell here in Phoenix during the summer to keep some air moving under my rear. Feels good in 110 degree heat.
    Cannot imagine anything feeling good at 110. I'm going to try one out and see how it works.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Cannot imagine anything feeling good at 110.
    You get use to it, kind of.

Well, "Good" may have been a bit much. I don't get as swampy on a 30 mile commute.
    2013 k1600GTL
    Damask Red

Go with the ceramic...

I recommend the Ultimate BeadRider, which is constructed with ceramic beads. The ceramic will be more durable and the color will not transfer when wet.

Best money spent on my RT to date. I have had the beads for about a year and couldn't imagine being happier with a stock seat...and yes, it helps circulate air under your bum to help keep it drier.

Scot
    2012 R1200RT - Fluid Grey Metallic

Also helps to keep your butt dry and off a wet seat if you are riding in rain.
    Ken
    2004 R1150RT
    2013 F800R

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ride View Post
    I recommend the Ultimate BeadRider, which is constructed with ceramic beads. The ceramic will be more durable and the color will not transfer when wet.

Best money spent on my RT to date. I have had the beads for about a year and couldn't imagine being happier with a stock seat...and yes, it helps circulate air under your bum to help keep it drier.

Scot
    Just ordered one for my fiance as a surprise before we ride from PA to OH next weekend. Hope it helps with ALL the issues mentioned here!!
    Tonya
    2007 F800ST - Lovin' it!!

Is this where you got it? http://www.beadrider.com/

Yup! I got the Ultimate one, with ceramic beading, because the fiance has a Rev'it suit (the white one!) and don't want the colors to bleed onto his bum!! Fingers crossed!
    Tonya
    2007 F800ST - Lovin' it!!

Herding Cats
    I made my own by cutting up a beaded car seat from Walmart. Cheap, under $10. It worked fairly well. Made my ass look like a golf ball when it rained.

Maybe I'll try one of those fuzzy patch things.

Buffalo Bob

KevinRT

Radiant Heat

I had a wooden one and replaced it with the ceramic one. The ceramic one will heat up if left in the sun so it's a good idea to keep it covered if you have to park in the sun. It usually takes ten or fifteen minutes before it stops radiating heat.
    KevinRT
    Ottawa, Canada

I've been using a cheapo from WalMart for 4 years. Painted the beads black. I couldn't ride with out it now!
    Mike Davis
    "Old n Slow" It's a way of life!
    1985 K100RT

1998 R1100RT