Thread: Changes at Lone Star BMW in Austin

Changes at Lone Star BMW in Austin

Anyone have more details on the changes in Austin? My Dad copied this off the KLT website:

As of today Lone Star BMW is under new ownership. They were bought by the same company that owns Woods Fun Center plus about 17 to 20 other motorcycle dealers. Long time owners (30 plus years) Peter & Robert will still be around for the next few months to help with the transition. Things will not be the same at Lone Star BMW any more.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Yes, I know a bit more about it, but there are many factors about the transition that are dependent on BMW and Triumph so anything that I may have heard recently could change by the time everything is complete. But yes, they are selling the business. The new owners want to keep the same level of customer involvement/satisfaction. Time will tell. I hope it works out well. I wish Peter and Robert the best in their retirements.
    Rusty
    Austin, TX
    Two Wheeled Texans
    2009 R1200GSA

New name...part of the Woods Group , a multi location/brand network

http://www.bmwmotorcyclesofaustin.com
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Yep, Final papers were signed last Thursday. New site was up Friday morning.
    Rusty
    Austin, TX
    Two Wheeled Texans
    2009 R1200GSA

Gotta say, it had a different vibe as I walked in this morning...very few familiar faces and some new to BMW parts folks. Assuming they brought seasoned employees from other stores?
    I'll give them some time to sort it out, just wasn't impressed on first impression.

I live almost in the center of Alamo and Austin...both are a 120 mile round trip...one is just a prettier ride and not in the middle of town. I retired from right down the street and do not miss the urban assault riding style needed to get around ATX.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Five employees still there. Two mechanics, two service writers and one salesman. The parts/accessories guys are new and only were there a short amount of time getting training from Jessica before she left. It will be a little while before the new LS develops its own personality. I think it will help me adjust when they move out of that building. Too many memories and expectations in the old one. I used to do computer support for them and was able to wander all around the building. Very strange being limited to the customer area. The transistion was odd feeling too, because I was still wandering around, but needed to be activity working on something.

Oh well, just have to treat it like a new dealership instead of the same old one.
    Rusty
    Austin, TX
    Two Wheeled Texans
    2009 R1200GSA