Thread: Log Off time

Log Off time

To the "Geek Squad"

Is there a setting either on your end or mine that causes me to take at least 2 minutes to get the log off screen?

Thanks from a "Grease Monkey"

ROy
    Roy G.
    85 K100RT Ol Ruby "Gone but not forgotten"

02 K1200LTC Hoss

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    All that logging off does is clear your cookie, on your machine. So my hunch is that it is on your end. Some of the antispyware software logs any cookie changes so that might be the delay.

Can you give us a little more information on your machine configuration and software.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Machine configuration

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    All that logging off does is clear your cookie, on your machine. So my hunch is that it is on your end. Some of the antispyware software logs any cookie changes so that might be the delay.

Can you give us a little more information on your machine configuration and software.
    Not really. I am some what computer illiterate.

It is running Windows 98 & Microsoft Internet explorer.
    Roy G.
    85 K100RT Ol Ruby "Gone but not forgotten"

02 K1200LTC Hoss

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roy
    Not really. I am some what computer illiterate.

It is running Windows 98 & Microsoft Internet explorer.
    That helps a lot. My hunch is that it is just the speed of your OS making so slow.... sorry
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Original 1973 LWB R75/5 TheSlashFiveTourer's Avatar

Sign off...log off...and get out!

Quote Originally Posted by roy
    To the "Geek Squad"

1) Is there a setting either on your end or mine that causes me to take at least 2 minutes to get the log off screen?

2) It is running Windows 98 & Microsoft Internet explorer.ROy
    Roy, old buddy...Im also running the venerable Windows 98 operating system and Im not having any problem clearing out of the Forum. Do you have Internet Explorer 6.0 (SP1) installed on your machine? (your computer, that isnot your BMW!)
    If not, go HERE and update your IE programme. Might helpmight not but anythings better than sitting there looking at your screen for a couple of minutes waiting for the MOA Forum to clear out so you can get on with life!

Another hint is to defrag your computer system EVERY NIGHT with a dynamic programme called DISKEEPER 9.0. You can download the programme from these folks for a 15-day trial at no cost. At the end of the 15-day period, theyÔÇÖll charge you a fee of $19.95 for your own licence. I was using the basic everyday Microsoft Windows defragmenter for the longest time until I discovered DISKEEPER 9.0 on a computer website one day. Downloaded it to my Windows 98 system, ran it a couple of times and improved my system performance by about 40%! Amazing programme!

Try itits free for two weeks and even if it doesnt help you log off the Forum any faster, itll do wonders for your fragmented computer operating system and files. Some computer freaks may say that defragging EVERY NIGHT is 'overkill' but it takes only a few minutes of your time and keeps your computer in excellent shape. Windows 98 keeps on plugging away for me day in day out - no problems. It's like your Beemer...maintain it properly and it'll treat you just fine. Good luck!
    Let us know if there's any improvements.

Disclaimer:- I donÔÇÖt work for DISKEEPER corporation. I have no monetary interest in the companyÔǪI donÔÇÖt know any of the principalsÔǪI donÔÇÖt hold stock in the outfitÔǪtheyÔÇÖre not paying me to advertiseÔǪIÔÇÖm not under the control of these peopleÔǪIÔÇÖm not their spokespersonÔǪI donÔÇÖt do TV ads for DISKEEPER corporationÔǪthereÔÇÖs no ÔÇÿschwagÔÇÖ involved hereÔǪthey havenÔÇÖt offered to buy me another R75/5 for my collectionÔǪthere was no ÔÇÿtrip to SpainÔÇÖ involved in my purchaseÔǪI just use the programme and like it so I thought I would let others know about itÔǪI had to pay for my own copyÔǪplus applicable taxes! (Whew!!)
    ~ ~ ~ /5 Express
    Have Train? - Will Travel!

ERIC1514
    I never log off. I just go somewhere else. Never thought to log out. Any harm in not doing so?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1514
    I never log off. I just go somewhere else. Never thought to log out. Any harm in not doing so?

Eric
    I never do. I just close the browser.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Luckies
    Quote Originally Posted by KBasa
    I never do. I just close the browser.

I do the same, but when I saw this thread I had to look. I wanna make sure no one can log on and lurk as me.

Dave