Thread: Loose Mirror - R1100S

Left Coast Rider

Loose Mirror - R1100S

Here's one I haven't seen before. When the weather gets hot (33+C), the black plastic surrounding my left mirror expands enough that the mirror itself becomes loose and starts to vibrate. When cooler, like 25C or lower, its solid.

Any tips on how I can re-secure the mirror inside its outside mount - or do I have to restrict my riding to more temperate climates?

All input/snide remarks are welcome and appreciated.

Perhaps drill a tiny hole (or two) in the surrounding plastic, and use a syringe to inject a gob of silicone?

Or bring it down here and I'll figure it out after an extensive test ride...

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls1150 View Post
    Perhaps drill a tiny hole (or two) in the surrounding plastic, and use a syringe to inject a gob of silicone?

Exactly what crossed my mind!
    '
    Ufda happens..........

It's all about the details.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls1150 View Post

Darn it, I was just in Thousand Oaks and would have been more than happy to drift on down and have you give the mirror "an extensive test ride".

In lieu of that, I may have to try the silicone implant, er, silicone injection idea.

Edit: OK, its amazing what you find when you get off your ass and look. I trundled out to the garage to take a gander at the underside of the mirror with the idea of drilling a couple of holes to inject silicone. What do I find? A drain hole. Pre-drilled. I've renamed it as a "silicone access point". I figure between 3-500cc's oughta do it.
    Last edited by BC1100S; Yesterday at 11:46 PM.