Thread: Tubeless tire repair

Tubeless tire repair

Looking for recommendations for emergency repair kit

I've carried a Stop N Go standard plugger kit for over 15 years now. In that time I've used it twice both with excellent results. http://www.stopngo.com/tire-pluggers/ I found the tool simple to use, and very effective. Your choice will be a trade off now matter how you look at it, as not all damage will be equal ie simple punctures vs slice's. Good luck with your selection.
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    And we never even know we have the key

Stop-n-go makes several types of kits. Some people have had issues with their mushroom style plugger. Their rope style seems to work fine. Ditto the kits from Slime (cheap!). A friend loves the Dynaplug kit (http://www.amazon.com/Dynaplug-Ultra.../dp/B00B7FC4DI) although I think he has the older version which is slightly larger with a plastic handle. BMW has (had?) a kit, too, but it only worked with largish holes. If your puncture was too small you had to ream it larger to get the plug to fit.

I like the sticky-string kits sold for "steel belted radial tires". Available at all auto decent auto parts stores and at some convenience stores. I prefer the tools with the "T" handles as opposed to the screwdriver type handles because they are easier to use.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I like the sticky-string kits sold for "steel belted radial tires". Available at all auto decent auto parts stores and at some convenience stores. I prefer the tools with the "T" handles as opposed to the screwdriver type handles because they are easier to use.
    Appreciate the input. Means much more to hear from those who have used them.

Nealey Tire Repair Kit

I use this kit because it's simple, it works great and it stores easily under my seat. I carry an additional T-handle rasping tool from an old kit along with this kit because it makes the job a little easier. My local BMW Club gives a complimentary Nealey Tire Kit to new members as a welcoming gift.

http://www.tirerepairkit.com/
    Last edited by beemeup; 07-23-2014 at 09:57 AM.

+1 on the Nealey Tire Repair Kit
    93 K1100LT
    03 K1200GT

Extracted a sheet metal screw from my rear tire a week ago. Used two Dyna plugs to close the hole but the pressure has stayed up since the repair without having to add air.

repairing a tubeless tire is the easiest thing in the world!!! Much easer then replacing a tube in a tube tire bike.

I have plugged my own tires about 5 times and have pugged other peoples tires more then i can count.

My current back tire, which has about 2 or 3 plugs in is getting changed out this week. But I have been riding on the plugs for 8 or 9 months.

Some folks wouldn't do that.... they would always replace the tire...

anyway... fixing is easy.
    Ich Fahre Nicht Zu Schnell, Ich Fliege Nur Niedrig
    Oklahoma Adventure Trail